Oddly enough...

Best answers
Oddly enough, I can't seem to find out much about ESF mod. I played it at a local arcade (don't ask) and my friends and I enjoyed it. I want to know what game it is a mod of...I'm pretty sure it's halflife, but I also heard counter-strike (once again, I have no clue. Never played either of them) is what it's modded from. What do I have to get to play it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is modded from the Half-Life engine. Counter-Strike is also a mod for Half-Life. But counter-strike can also be purchased from a store and run on its own, and also run other mods, like esf.

So if you want to play esf you need either Half-Life or Counter-Strike retail. I think you should probably go with Half-Life because it seems to cause less problems, and is a great game on its own. Plus, you can just download the counter-strike mod for free anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And just to uselessly add, its a very old (and i say that in no means a bad way) so by now, halflife on its own (you can buy it in generation packs) is cheap. Make sure you dont go and buy opposing force or blue-shift, since they are add-on packs :laff:

ESF WAS AT A LOCAL ARCADE!! WHERE HOW WHY WHEN WHAT AHHHHH

Best answers
Quite simple. They have a large amount of computers (like 20+ at least) at the back, you put a dollar token in a slot and you can play any game you want for 10 minutes. ESF was an optional game to play there, if it means anything.

Ok, now's the hard part. I've searched the wal-mart, london drugs, compusmart, compucentre, and futureshop websites. They only come up with HL for PS2, and the HL platinum2 which has....everything. Seeing as I'm only wanting HL itself, I hope the websites don't show all the games. I'm trying to find HL for PC...

Best answers
hmmm so ppl are paying to play esf... wait a min... but isnt esf supposed to be non sold since its copy righted and all?? but then its just a mod of HL which they bought .. so... AHHH MY HEAD HURTS :smile: but does kinda make u think... in a small way...

Best answers
By generation packs do you mean like "Chest" packs, where you get the original+ all the add-ons and expansions?

Anyone know any stores that sells HL? Pretty dumb how I have to ask but it's quite annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ArchNemesis said:
hmmm so ppl are paying to play esf... wait a min... but isnt esf supposed to be non sold since its copy righted and all?? but then its just a mod of HL which they bought .. so... AHHH MY HEAD HURTS :smile: but does kinda make u think... in a small way...

They arent paying to play ESF, they are paying to use the computer.

Best answers
:O

I was about to reply with the EXACT same message. And besides, I'm playing HL, just with different coding. Alot different :) ... so much so that it's basically a new game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smash and Burn said:
By generation packs do you mean like "Chest" packs, where you get the original+ all the add-ons and expansions?

Anyone know any stores that sells HL? Pretty dumb how I have to ask but it's quite annoying.
yes, thats what generations pack is, but it costs quite a bit more.
Game, Woolworths or any computer selling shop should do, or if your buying off the net, try a site like amazon.co.uk (i found it on there to buy)

Best answers
Well I do know where I can find it at one place definitely. Only problem is, costs about 40 bucks *cough*ripoff*cough*. But I know of at least 5 other places I have to check.

Best answers
OK, new problem. When I start Half-Life, it says It needs a CD key. So I look around on my case, I can't find it. I see a little white stripe on the back at the bottom right, put it in, dosn't work. Try again. Dosn't work. The heck? Did I even get a CD-Key? (I got some "Best seller series" version...I got it from retail so it SHOULD have a CD-key somewhere...) According to the Website, yes that is the CD-key, but it dosn't seem to work....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to be typing it in wrong, are you putting the dashes in along with the number? If it doesn't work then try taking it back to the store and returning it ( make sure to tell them you're willing to show them that it just doesn't work).

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and sometimes you will have to try to switch letters and numbers that look alike... (stupid 0's and O's always get me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom