Wow...

Best answers
It has come to my attention that there is another Lynx on ESF, which i dont mind, but i DO mind it when people start calling me names and an "imposter" because i use the same name..... I don't see anyone calling other people "imposters" because they have the same name, and besides, he is "-Lite- Lynx" in game, and i am "LyNx" in game, and im sick of people threatening to BAN me because my name is similar to that of someone elses... GROW UP PLEASE.. i just downloaded the game about 3 or 4 days ago, but ive had the name since i started gaming, which was over 4-6 years ago when i first got mw2, mw3, then extended the name to CS and etc etc... and i have not called anyone who has used the same name an "Imposter" because that is more then foolish, considering its a GAME, and our names are completely different in game considering, so everyone please stop bothering me about the name..and stop threatening to ban me from servers and telling me to change my name in game..

Best answers
I saw him too, on PT server.. I, didnt see him doing anything wrong though.. I thought that was Lynxy so I nevered asked..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is the big deal about changing your in-game name its as simple as that and they will stop..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he could do that, but the point is he shouldnt have to

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well what can I say... believe it or not the other Lynx was here first, and if you're going to use a name that's nearly identical you're going to have to deal with crap that he deserves. There isn't much you can do short of explaining to everybody you run into that you aren't him or just changing your name.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Well what can I say... believe it or not the other Lynx was here first, and if you're going to use a name that's nearly identical you're going to have to deal with crap that he deserves. There isn't much you can do short of explaining to everybody you run into that you aren't him or just changing your name.
That was the entire point of my post, to let people know that im NOT him and im NOT an imposter, names belong to NO ONE unless they are trademarked,.......... and having similar names is a sin?

Best answers
Ah but you see.... it works like this *puts on his glasses and pulls out his calculator*

ok so a registered user = "X"
bad behavior = "Y"

X + Y = Ban

then upon ban

X changes his/her name to Neon_X (or something similar)

*concludes lesson and expects apple from all who post in this thread!*

basically people get banned and resign up with similar names, hence if u have a similar name to a banned or warned person your gonna get it in th neck. Not your fault but it cant be helped.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask careem abdul javar (spell that correctly for a cookie) it is. But to use lynx as a name then no. If your not an ass then use it as much as you want. All the more=all the better.

Best answers
who really cares if u got the same name.. I know 3 other Darkside's besides myself and we get along nicely...

Best answers
[SSJ]MyStIc said:
who really cares if u got the same name.. I know 3 other Darkside's besides myself and we get along nicely...

Im fine with another lynx, but people are going around saying they are going to ban me from there servers because of my name, and that i wont change it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then ignore them because they cant stop u from playing esf cause all u have to do is go to another server

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic has probably outlined your situation the best. If you want that name, then you will have to "bear the cross", so-to-speak. The most you can do is just ignore the people who bother you about it, or change your name. Other than that, there isn't much else that can be done...

At any rate, there isn't much point to debating this further...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In any case, I understand where this guy is coming from. There's another guy named "Saiyan Pride" on the forums and ingame. Only once have we ever run into each other. He killed me, then jokingly said, "hah! no one steals my name!!"

We then had a lot of fun hitting each other and competing, if I recall correctly. So for what it's worth, having a similar name to someone isn't always a problem.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
name doesnt make the man...... :] i see manny ppl with the same name

Best answers
Meh, I dont like having the same name as people...so I usually change it, but I can understand that your nickname you use has special meaning to you, and that you dont want to change it everytime someone else has it.

Best answers
well ive i am Legend ive heard of people being called legend like, Saiyan Legend, and the other LeGeNd but i dont care neither on of em are me. But if you are getting **** just go to a diff server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom