Double Melle? Is it a Bug?

Best answers
Sometimes, when you block a melle and when you try to hit back, the other guy can hit before you do.

I was wondering if this is a bug, if its not, how to do it.

I posted this some time ago and the only answers i got where:
-Thats because hes better than you
-You need more practice
-ETC.

Please tell me why this happens or what this is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use the search button my friend

and there is a .8 seocnd delay before you may strike back at your opponent.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea....but the server can decrease the length of delay so that they can make it an instant counter. I think that that's what he did to you Yedi.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no, I know what he's talking about. Yeah, there is a .8 delay, but that isn't what he's talking about. The person who gets hit has a .8 delay and the person who hit him gets a .9 second delay. In theory the person who blocked should have his melee reactivated before the person who swooped at him so that he can knock him away if they are still close to each other, but oftentimes this just doesn't work out. I think the issue is this: The person who hit you gets a .9 second delay to attack, but that .9 seconds is initiated very shortly after he makes the initial blow to you. To hit back you have to stop blocking and hold down melee, but melee only triggers every .9 seconds, so if you hit melee too early (during the initial .8 second delay after blocking an attack) it will trigger the melee cycle but it wont connect because melee is disabled. That cycle will start over again and you'll hit your opponent .9 seconds after that (when your character's melee will attempt another hit). By that time, however, your opponent may have already hit you because he never let go of melee and his cycle just kept repeating over and over.

Yeah, it's complicated, but that is how it would seem to work. There is also the issue of latency involved, especially when it comes down to tenths of seconds between attacks. Right now I'd say... it's random, because you never know when your ping might spike or when who will press melee. Just attempt at your own risk.

Best answers
I Think you just need to practice some more.
See how much time you need to wait to hit the other guy back , youl soon start improving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
No no, I know what he's talking about. Yeah, there is a .8 delay, but that isn't what he's talking about. The person who gets hit has a .8 delay and the person who hit him gets a .9 second delay. In theory the person who blocked should have his melee reactivated before the person who swooped at him so that he can knock him away if they are still close to each other, but oftentimes this just doesn't work out. I think the issue is this: The person who hit you gets a .9 second delay to attack, but that .9 seconds is initiated very shortly after he makes the initial blow to you. To hit back you have to stop blocking and hold down melee, but melee only triggers every .9 seconds, so if you hit melee too early (during the initial .8 second delay after blocking an attack) it will trigger the melee cycle but it wont connect because melee is disabled. That cycle will start over again and you'll hit your opponent .9 seconds after that (when your character's melee will attempt another hit). By that time, however, your opponent may have already hit you because he never let go of melee and his cycle just kept repeating over and over.

Yeah, it's complicated, but that is how it would seem to work. There is also the issue of latency involved, especially when it comes down to tenths of seconds between attacks. Right now I'd say... it's random, because you never know when your ping might spike or when who will press melee. Just attempt at your own risk.
From my experience it's neigh impossible to get hit if you are still in motion after the hit, I.E. you hit someone while having swooped to their left and then turned towards them a bit, and you keep moving past them/strafing while holding right click on them, you will 99% of the time get the hit. Same goes for hitting F right before hitting

Best answers
I read what you said, sonic, but I found it strange one time, that i hit someone with melee that blocked it, and I hit him again right away, after he released his block, causing him to go flying. I think that it may occasionally get a glitch, and hit twice in the .8 or .9 cycle. I think that's what Yedi was talking about. (Don't think this matters, but I'm pretty sure I was trunks when I hit twice really quick):p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you do dark :p.
I find that the difference between countering or not depends on lag and whether or not luck is on your side. Even when I think I time it correctly it might not always happen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way I get around this annoying problem, is by teleporting back when I unblock, and swooping into the guy. They almost NEVER expect that ****. hehe.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
The way I get around this annoying problem, is by teleporting back when I unblock, and swooping into the guy. They almost NEVER expect that ****. hehe.
I must diasagree beacuse I have seen many people myself included block, then after they notice the other person telporting abck they swoop at him. Since the teleport uses more ki then the block of course the blocker would then swoop and end up hitting the other guy. So yes many people do expect that.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we all agree the ki system is pretty ****ed up. It discourages any reasonable player from taking the offensive against anyone near his skill level. Because of that I have nothing against giving swooping characters an advantage over blocking characters like that. Block countering should be taken out altogether as far as I'm concerned, because requiring the person who just wasted his ki swooping and hitting a blocking person to teleport backwards and swoop again, which gives his opponent enough time to also tele backwards and do the same, but with more ki, is just bull**** in my book. I say remove block counters if simple melee is going to keep the ki system the way it is.

Best answers
you can easily instant block counter like in 1.0 by releasing block right before your oppoenet hits you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It happens to me too

When me and Bi0 play eachother, alot of times ill block and try hitting him back while he is still in my face, yet he hits me before i get to hit him
It bothers me alot, since its not supposed to happen, but since its there.. i guess we just gotta live with it until something is done about it

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a simple strategy for this is to teleport.........gives you time to enable your melee and you can surprise the hell out of him.

Best answers
Well.... I can see...
That like me.. no one know how to use BLOCK the way it should be used....
Fooled ya.. I do
I've been shown the correct way..
All ya gotta do is to tap block a sec before the other dude comes at you... then hit back... simple as that

P.S Impossible to do... only seen 1 who can

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom