Melee Combos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welp, I just got back from gaming with <SL>Pain and we had a good time testing out combos. I have 4 demos of them but for some reason they are showing on esf_cell_day instead of ape_foreshadow, so we go through walls. If you'd still like to see them message me on aim at cool2brandon.

These are the combos we did.

For the first combo, I decided to try a nice little move. I'd hit the opponent forward and then teleport extremely fast infront of them and hit them back. I found this to be extremely hard because I'd either teleport onto them and not hit them correctly, or I'd teleport in an upward slant. I got around that by hitting them slightly up and teleporting under them. So, for a first time - Mastered.

For the second, me and Pain would hit each other forward and teleport behind and then hit forward again. This is probly the easiest of the bunch. It took 2-4 times for me and Pain to master this.

For the third, I'd hit a person directly up, teleport and hit them down. It was relatively easy, and if I had been ssj I probly could have swooped down and hit them in the air again. -- Mastered

For the forth, I'd hit a person to make them roll, then hit them in the air and tele up and hit them back down. I've never been able to do this, but now I can >:D.

I'll make a new set of demos with Pain tommorrow on Cell_Day so you won't see us going through walls, etc.

-UltraPerfectCell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
werd!!

im the one that was being pummeld in the vids, i dont mind though :fight: :fight: :fight:

Best answers
Yea cell, this is Dar ,I just played with you and saw those crazy ass combos... good stuff bro, i gotta work on those because I could hardly hit you. But if you have the demos I would like to see them. Just tell me how. Thanks.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you do them often enough, most of these are hell easy to do, except for the first - where you tend to mess it up once in a while.

My opinion about combos: make up your own and do 4,5,6+ hit combo's if you can do them. Don't try to follow someone else's exact combo's - it's much more fun when you say, "Hey, I just discovered a new combo! ^_^". So play around till you get something of your own. :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing ppl **** up with, is trying to land combos all the damn time
It's not like that, when you see that you can land a combo, go for it
Dont just always try getting a combo on someone, that leaves you less focus on how youre going to beat the guy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
If you do them often enough, most of these are hell easy to do, except for the first - where you tend to mess it up once in a while.

My opinion about combos: make up your own and do 4,5,6+ hit combo's if you can do them. Don't try to follow someone else's exact combo's - it's much more fun when you say, "Hey, I just discovered a new combo! ^_^". So play around till you get something of your own. :smile:
At the time, I thought the first one was something I made up, I'd like to see you do it >=D. I was just playing around with the last 3. I'll have to think up some more.

-UltraPerfectCell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I looked at those combo's and i can do all of them except that first one. That first one is extremely hard, i always run out of ki, or teleport slightly in a different direction and end up missing the enemy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After 17 tries Phatslugga was officially able to do the first combo ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl, while being super saiyan, and it was probably a fluke. Either way, i finally did it! woot! thanks cell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that first one is a variation on the 2nd one. the 2nd one is EXCESSIVLY easier and should probably be used more often, the first one is just for showing off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i'm just happy to finally have done that combo.

Best answers
cel ur 4th combo was pretty easy but i found that after u hit them down if u toggle fly off and tel twards ur falling opponent once or twice u can land ANOTHER hit...and if ur really flooky and ki permits uinstread of hittin them down again hit them forward and tel to hit them in the back like in ur 2nd combo.....iv like only done this once but once i get my gaming computer working properly ill try and make a demo of what im talking about...hopefully

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One more thing...

If you're going to hit someone while they are rolling on the ground, make sure you dont come at them in an angle, because chances are.. you wont hit the person up
What i like to do is, tele/swoop down then swoop straight at them, like making a 90degree angle, that way i know im not going to just stop in front of my opponent and not hit him up
At the same time, you must know when your opponent is going to get up, when you play a lot, it becomes instinct, you'll already know when your opponent is gonna stand

Well, hope this help - Becasue i see alot of ppl have trouble with this

Best answers
I know all that combos to do.but sometimes I miss opponent on 1 one...

edit

This is my 100 post :)

Best answers
Smells like crap.

Combo's are utterly useless when you can't perform them at will. Everytime I play with someone who 'knows' combos it's always "Damn, missed" "Cursed, isn't my day".

I'm fairly sure that's the same thing here. If you can't do combos at will and don't know the exact timing, stop learning them. Also, talking about them looks stupid.

"Then hit 'm up while swiftly teleporting up and moving to the right while your eating your sandwich, afterwards do a swift *180 turn and hit them, bang!"

I'm telling you, this is crap. If you can do a combo after 17 times, stop practising them. I've met people who like to combo alot, and basically all they do is trying to get you into that angle so they can do their precious combo.

Bring demos in here if your having a fight with a decent fighter and continuously combo him. I wouldn't be suprised if I'd see only-failing-attempts.

No, I'm not bashing your idea of having a 'combo thead'. It's fine with me, just don't speak if you can't do the ritual. Bring along demos, that helps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, it's a good thing you came in Lynx, King of Combo's. I forgot that everyone that claims they can do a combo has to prove it to you. I can perform most combo's at will, Yes, there is a certain one that is extremely hard for me and it's mainly for show, so i don't try it in a game. However, in a game of ESF, if i catch someone the right way, yes i can perform up to a three hit combo. I could care less if you beleive me or not, It's a game and i don't take it that seriously.

My question is, why do you care? Not really any of your business how people choose to play ESF. If you don't beleive someone then don't there really is no need to confront someone about it unless you just want to start a flame war.

Best answers
I don't see much of a flaming future in MyStiX's post, might be me but I don't see anything hostile, it's more like a tip. I think your confusing names here, whoever your pointing at.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sorry, i was aiming at you Lynx, not Mystix, my apologies Mystix.

Best answers
Haha, always the negative guy Lynxy.

It was weird the other day, I was fighting this guy who just didn't do anything (he said he was on dial up and it sucked later) but he just seemed to roll for ages. Anyways, I managed to kill him once with combos from start to finish. it was awesome fun.

Best answers
Negative or not, just think about it. How can combos possibly help you out if you can only perform them with people not moving or recovering. The whole trick of combo-ing is performing them when your in a middle of a fight, that's what makes combos 'special'.

Anyway, if this is just a show off of telling how combos work, but you can't do them in 'real' fights, I'll post a list of what's possible and not soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom