Steam O_O

Best answers
Is the team alreaddy aware of this?:

--------------------------------------------------
Here's what I've gathered so far:

The Won ID system will be gone forever, and replaced with Steam user Id system

Erik will let users know a day in advance that the Steam accounts will be getting reset, so that you can re-register your user names as to not lose your friends list

After the beta is reset, Valve will work with Mod developers to make sure their mods will be working properly in Steam

You will NOT have to pay for Steam, provided you currently own Half Life,Counter Strike or any other product that includes a WON CD-Key.

Cyber Cafe's should send an email to [email protected] concerning the status of multiple users
-----------------------------------------------

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think everyone is awware of valves biggest mistake ever. Though the point of steam is to stop the users from looking for patches... how the hell will valve be able to host all those patches on the steam servers?

Best answers
y do u think steams comen out anytime soon o_O valve havent kept one release date acurate, even te normal hl got held bak for a year, te steam beta was supposed to be out january, condision zero, may 2001!!!! and hl2........... itl probely take bout 5 mouths for this 2 take effect dont sweat :D

Best answers
I think they said something about after buying HL2, that cs condition zero will be avaible on subscription too steam (download or package sending).
Or you need too buy HL2 and CS conditon zero in STORES o_O

I aint sure about this, i heard it in the forum (not this one).
Maby its a rumor ;/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* There are already a whole bunch of threads on this topic, just search for "Steam."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam will fail, they have more servers but it doesn't hold up to what it promises, No more patching my ass. MODS will have to release Patches the normal way, and no one cares about HL updates anymore.

Best answers
dont know why you hate steam is it much better than playing Half-Life normaly as it never crashes for me I dont loose sound when I minimize the screen and it has that Friends thing which is becoming my second IM next to MSN :D ALSO CS v1.6 that comes with Steam IS Zero, as all Zero is is a updated and slightly more advanced v1.5 CS (only thing you dont have the single player missions but you do have ausome bots that can be very hard) so I think Steam is the best

Best answers
Steam is the end. The end of the most replayable computer game in the world.

this is the end...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ENOUGH STEAM THREADS!

There are like 5 threads on Steam! Nothing is going to happen when it comes out. Your copy of HL is not going to explode, and ESF will still be playable. Just don't download Steam. HELLO?

Valve hasn't said anything about removing playability. Just that you need Steam to run the most -current- version of HL. Keep the one you have.
HL doesn't make you update.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
ENOUGH STEAM THREADS!

There are like 5 threads on Steam! Nothing is going to happen when it comes out. Your copy of HL is not going to explode, and ESF will still be playable. Just don't download Steam. HELLO?

Valve hasn't said anything about removing playability. Just that you need Steam to run the most -current- version of HL. Keep the one you have.
HL doesn't make you update.
Well this is the first one I seen here, well then again I dont really look at that spam section =P.

Anways valve is removing playability. How so you ask?

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915505,27362300,1050915714,91503900

Theres your answer, they already telling you they are fuxing us in the ass.

Why is that? Ofcourse your gonna have to be on steam to play it online dumbass you say? NO!
You also have to be on steam to play offline or lan games. Which means you have to be online to play offline ^_^

Once HL gets its new update to forces the new steam system im pretty sure the old wonid system is going to die thus forcing us all to get this nice new system ^_^

Whats the bad thing about steam you say? AIGHT !

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=faq&id=1050915505,27362300,1050915738,02222500

Looky there they are showing you the fact that you will be installing spyware which they will use to keep track of every web page you go to and just about every media file you have ^_^
You know whats also funny, I dont have a link for this but, I have heard from people asking about the spyware to valve. How did valve respond you say? They responded with a threat to ban him from it if he continued his inquery ^_^

About ESF being still playable. I cant really give you any 100% accurate information on this but this is what I understand how hl / valve handles mods.

They will require mods to be registered, coded, probaly even approved by valve, to be played online most likely.

What does this mean?

Means ESF will probaly have to be updated to be played on the new version of hl aka steam powered now. Also its possible if that they have to approve to put a mod to be played now, then theres a chance esf might not. Everyone knows its based off of dbz, and funianimation supposively has a bad habit of shutting down dbz based mods *cough*bfp*cough*(I truthfuly think that mod team quit and used that excuse my self =P) Well because of that, valve may think its unappropriet (how ever you spell that =P) and not allow it to run on steam, thus not ever letting you play esf again.
THIS GO'S FOR ALL THE SMALL MODS OUT THERE! ^_^

My conclusion, valve is fuxing their self up the asses. Death of many mods and my uninstallation of hl :yes:

Yes I will be still be buying hl2, I know its steam for online play, but I will probaly only play it offline without using steam ever ^_^

Thank you for listening to my rant and join me in the flame of valve

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't prove that they are including spyware, or that if they are, that it will be no removeable. It also doesn't prove that there will be complications with Earth Special Forces or any other unofficial Half Life modifications. It also doesn't say that you have to be online to play single player games or lan games. I think you are reading too far into what they are saying.

Best answers
Yes your right theres no proof on anything I said. But theres nothing denying it either. Theres nothing at all really.

Truthfuly on my standpoint, I do hope everything works out fine. If not, I will just uninstall probaly never play hl online again, and just buy hl2 single player version ^_^.

Best answers
Errrr...if theres no WONid's which is how you connect to internet games....then you cant go through half-life...which means that it wont work regularly..

right?

I read that it was this tuesday or wednesday there gonig to start it.
EDIT
nm I think just WONid for CS will cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom