Must...Have...Decent...Server *Dies*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, here's the thing, I have hosted servers for various mods for years now and my servers have been very popular but there is one problem...I run them on my own comp which blows hard (P2 350MHz, Win 98, 256MB RAM, 46GB HD, Cable Connection w/ about 156KB/Sec Upload >.<). I maintain my comp obsessivly, tweaking, cleaning, etc....but it's not enough. I can run a pretty decent lag dedicated server but at 8 max people the lag is shot, non-dedicated lags like crap w/ 6 people and I'd like to be able to play in my own dedicated server with nice lag. My parents won't let me get a new comp nor will they let me rent a game server so I am asking...err begging here, for someone to let me "run" their server. My ESF server is very popular with a nice fun-factor and what not, but I just can't stand running a server on my crappy ass comp with a cable connection >.< -- If anyone could help, I'd appritiate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WEll, i used to run a CS server on our Cable connection, and it could never handle more than 8-10 people. I think that regular cable connections just aren't fit to host games with more than 10. Unless you're talking about chop(choke). With waht you have right now, it should run a dedicated server just fine. I think the only solution is to get a better connection. We actually have a professional cable modem costs us $125 a month but it's extremely fast. Forget what the upload and download were, but better than average obviously.

Best answers
If you mean have admin and stuff like that then just pop over to my site and I'll set you up.

Server name can't be changed though sorry..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom