different protocol: help

Best answers
hey everyone, I just downloaded the game and been playing against the bots by myself for awhile and Im quite enjoying the game, I thought I'd venture out to play it online, but whenever I try to connect, it always says "you cannot connect to a server that runs under a different protocol" or somewhat along that line, I was hoping someone would help me, yknow if someone passed by this error or if someone knows how to fix it, plz, I would really appreciate the help...

oh yeah, and I tried running it through both CS and HL ((I have both of them retailed, dont ask, heheh)) but it always gives me the same message and yes, everythings up to date =/

Best answers
Different Protocol sounds like a different version, but if you have both HL and ESF up to date then that must not be the problem. It's possible you edited an ESF file? Does this error occur while trying to play CS or HL online? Also if this error continues I would suggest reinstalling HL and keeping only HL or CS on your computer, having both in different directories might be confusing something.
Also welcome to the forums.

Best answers
heh thx for the welcome, well, I got it working... I was missing a file, heheh...

nehooz, I'd like to offer my services if needed...
I could link you guys from my site, its quite a known webcomic, I love this mod so much...

*URL removed* -grOOvy

Best answers
Well I'd hate to inform you but advertising is not allowed, if its for a mod especially, its just forum rules sorry, I would suggest editing your post.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem solved -> thread closed.

I have also removed that URL from your post, as advertising is against the forum rules, as stated in the AUP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom