ANimated Mouths???

Best answers
I just saw a thread for a mystic gohan animated mouth...is this going to be in esf...the moveable mouth thing...cause really i think it would be awesome but the only thing is that the mouths will have to open INsanly wide for people even to see it.....im sure you can find pictures to know what im talking about.

Best answers
Ya i know what your talkign about...the kinda mouth that vegeta does when he really gets pissed and his mouth takes up half his face....and ya i did see that thread man., i hope they put moving mouths in esf that would be awesome!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
facial animations are really easy on the hl engine, it depends on the extensiveness, if you wanted, its possible to have moving eyebrows and mouth for a total of 4 bones, a small price, but in my opinion, pointless, who's gonna stare at your face while your charging a beam? meh

Best answers
ya exactly i think it would be cool but noone would notice because nobody takes time to look at the models

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, his mouth does move. You'll be seeing the movie here shortly enough.

Best answers
How bout, who cares? u will never see it in game unless u go up close to one of ur team mates.

Best answers
Exactly why i suggested a zooming function a while back.. :rolleyes:
So you actually get to look at the models..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
moving mouths are good for a fps game, like half life whee you get up close when you talk to someone, for esf its kinda pointless however, as a modeller, i see it as a good thing, in that they are putting more than minimal effort in the models, nothing bad has ever came from something like that

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wit the models being 1/4 size of an ordianry model, it will be kinda tough to see the guys mouth move.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mouths move in CS; hell, even the gas mask wobbles. It's sort of a pointless but cool addition. And don't say it's more noticable in CS... you're way too busy running and shooting. No point at checking out your friend's face. Unless he's next to you, and yelling "HEY LOOK AT MY FACE" in the mic.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it because there is nothing more fun than giving some ct running his fat piehole a mouthful of ak47 lead.

during a melee hit you might notice their mouth opening for a good ol "owwww!" as you smack them violently

Best answers
as i said in another thread, 9/10 of esforces consists of quick swooping and looking at tiny black specks to aim your beam at. nobody will apreciate the extra effort put into animated mouths : /

Best answers
wow ur mouth is moving on ur model....let me get closer and see *BOOM!* lol thats all it would do

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think of it this way... It takes a great deal of work to make the mouths animated, right? Now mouths are only a small part of the model, right? Think of all the awesome detail put into the rest of the model. I can assure you, it is great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly its not one of thoes why questions its a why not

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehehe..
did someone only say movable mouths? well.. if thats a problem for you guys.. I wonder how hard it would be to make a little sqaure showing what the camera sees to show the face of the character moving his mouth. Like the mirror in HLRally, a little camera infront of the model. I dont think itll be a big problem.

but! there are also more going on ;) not only movable mouths but there are more movable parts on our Adult Gohan. when the video is released.. you will see what Im talking about.. theres a lot more than what you think :devgrin:

Best answers
I say the movable mouths are pointless, im too busy flying about shooting things to notice :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Movable fingers?? Or how about an animated pen*s :D Nah j/k you're starting to get me excited DT! I'm looking forward to this "adult" gohan "movie".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i personally can't wait to see what they have done. Allthough if they added adult gohan, We don't ever get to use the new young Gohan model? Eh, might have to download it, but now this adult Gohan sounds so much better.

Best answers
WELL GUYS LOOK AT IT FORM A TEAM MEMBERS POINT A VIEW. THIS MOD IS ONE OF MY PROFOLIOS FOR COLLEGE AND WE TRYING TO MAKE THIS A AMAZING GAME. WERE JUST TRYING TO MAKE THIS REALLY LOOK LIKE A GOOD GAME AND TRY EVERYTHING CAUSE IT WONT HURT NOTHING. THE REASON I WANT TO DO THAT IS BECAUSE IM GOING TO COLLEGE FOR GAME ART AND DESIGN AND I NEED THIS FOR MY PROFOLIO. IM LEARNING ABOUT ANIMATING AND SO FORTH SO Y NOT DO SOME COOL STUFF WIT IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom