server crash

Best answers
my server keeps crashing like after an hour or so i dont no what to do about it. DO YOU?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't run other programs, restart comp before running, keep comp healthy (defrag often, scan for errors, scan for viruses, scan for adward/spyware, tweak comp, update drivers/software), use ServerDoc for dedicated servers.

Best answers
Certain weapons can crash a server too.

The Disc attack is the worst one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but there is a fix for that. The way he talks it seems like it's not anything really in the game persay, but his comp or something.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ATM I have a plugin for amx crashing my server every now and then... I'm going to go through the logs here soon but I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem.
*didn't need to make diff thread as this is about the same*

Force Pit Member
Best answers
imgoingtopassga said:
my server keeps crashing like after an hour or so i dont no what to do about it. DO YOU?
I have almost the same problem. I have tried running the server just out of the normal esf game, ive downloaded the latest HLDS and run it off of that, i have even gone as far as REFORMATTING my server, installing the latest HLDS and running it off of that.....one way or another the server eventually crashes. I have run tried running the server with and without amx and there is no difference. My servers are lucky to last more than a day...

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, my custom.hpk keeps on being deleted, how do i stop that?

After reformating my comp(on top of it being a brand new comp) i have come to the conclusion it is not hardware related....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonjohn said:
I have almost the same problem. I have tried running the server just out of the normal esf game, ive downloaded the latest HLDS and run it off of that, i have even gone as far as REFORMATTING my server, installing the latest HLDS and running it off of that.....one way or another the server eventually crashes. I have run tried running the server with and without amx and there is no difference. My servers are lucky to last more than a day...

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, my custom.hpk keeps on being deleted, how do i stop that?

After reformating my comp(on top of it being a brand new comp) i have come to the conclusion it is not hardware related....
custom.hpk only stores spray decals anyways (Downloads from other people so you can see the spray when they spray it) so thats not an important file at all, don't worry about it, and the latest HLDS is awesome but the whole GUI thing doesnt let serverdoc see if the server crashed or not, I dunno, my comp is crap and I can run a decent dedicated server.

Best answers
Kinda a dumb newbie question, but where can I download the HLDS thingy?:p Always wanted to make a dedic. server....;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe

But if you want to run a DS on a rented server, download HLDS from FilePlanet or some other place.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
custom.hpk only stores spray decals anyways (Downloads from other people so you can see the spray when they spray it) so thats not an important file at all, don't worry about it.
Its Important b/c its what allows you to play CTDB...w/o custom.hkp the dragonballs do not show up on the map....

and FYI, my server specs are:
P4 2.4ghz w/ 800mhz FSB
DFI Lanparty i875p mobo
Radeon9700 Pro 128mb
2x512mb DDR400 in Dualchannal config
120gb 8mb cache WD (reformatted two days ago and have everything up to date)

So..i still dont think its my comp....

Best answers
none of u answered my question is it because u dont no y it crashes or is it a bug in beta 1.1

Best answers
1. Beta 1.1 still has several bugs that crash servers. I suggest using free for all mode or team mode, as CTDB mode is highly experimental and increases crash rates drastically, I find. But your server will still crash. I also suggest inforcing rules such as not using discs or gohan's energy shield, as these attacks tend to occasionally crash servers as well.

2. Mr. Satan, what do you mean a rented server:confused: I can create normal games, but when I try to make a dedicated server, it minimizes ESF and gives me a small Dedicated server window (which I assume is the way it's supposed to be), and when I fill in all the stuff, and click create game, it says "HLDS.exe has commited an illegal operation and will be shut down.". Do I need the latest version of HLDS to fix this? Or what?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who want good connection servers & aren't in college (To get a better than cable connection) rent game servers.

Here is my command line for running my dedicated server: C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game ESF +map ESF_Nameks_Triangle +maxplayers 8 +condebug -noipx -heapsize 170000 (NOTE: Heapsize depends on your RAM -- I have 256MB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom