Does anybody else find this in servers?

Best answers
All too often I join a server, and start playing. And it's all good. Then, after I start beating the server owner, he start abusing me, with some kind of insults, racial or miscellaneous "whore" insults, then tell you that you suck and they can kick your ass and then when you cane them severly, kicks you out of the server because you're better than they are?

It happens to me all the time, and it just happened a moment ago. I won't mention names, but I was wondering if this happens to anybody else?

Best answers
heh, welcome to the wonderful world that is the half life comunitee. Populated by 12 year olds and geeks with absolutely no manners what soever. Use the search button next time though, youll find millions of these threads (these forums are almost like a form of geek therapy i find)

Best answers
Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion

Also, has everyone heard of the Nerd insult that has cropped up?
That is, that if you are at all good at ESF, you must be a nerd who plays it all the time.

Best answers
Some people have talent, some don't. When I started playing ESF, I already boasted out of publics with a gigantic score compared to the rest. Being good as esf doesn't mean your a geek who plays it all the time. I might be playing half an hour a day, or sometimes not at all.

There were many threads about this same thing. If you don't like the way you get treated in a server bring it over to an admin or anyone in charge of it.

Personal issues, not to be discussed over here. Ta ta!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop-

Making-

These-

Threads-

!!!!!

People there are like 7 million threads about bad server admins. We get the point, seriously, come on. Get over it. Use the search button to figure out what I'm talking about, ok? Really, we don't need another one of these threads about how bad your day was or how unhappy you are with a couple of admins. They just take up space and cause spam.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
"Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion

Also, has everyone heard of the Nerd insult that has cropped up?
That is, that if you are at all good at ESF, you must be a nerd who plays it all the time."

:rolleyes:

I don't think you can analyze a person just on the time he spends with a game. I play one hour a day, does that make me a nerd? I pwn servers 2, does that make me a nerd as well? :cry:

I think you are one of 12 year olds mentioned above. Why? You start babbling about people that are not nice and you are complaining about it while in fact YOU are not very friendly with your insults on people who play frequently.

Finally i have to say i agree with lynxy too. Not because he's my baby brother and i would hate for him to suffer childhood trauma's when he grows up, but because some people just play better than others.

WEW...that was it.. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u find that in any mod and game not just esf

so u may as well get used to it cause its not going anywhere

Best answers
O_O oh my god...

I'll go easy on you because as it says you're from the Netherlands, but I think you've misread my post. I think Lynxy understood though.

--->I wasn't using the insult, I was asking if people had heard it or had had it used on them.<---

And Sonic, I know you're a mod and all, but I'm not complaining about my day. I'm interested to see what people think about this. Maybe get some people to say why they do it if they've done this to someone.

I'm NOT asking someone to fix the problem, or abuse some admin, so please, everyone, stop posting "It's here to stay." Because if that's all you've got to post, then don't.

Instead, post some of your own experiences that we can laugh about. Geez.

And on a note about admins in server, I find this mostly happens in servers that are created one off. Not like PT or DOA, but servers that a player has just created.

Do you guys run into many admins in servers, like ESForces/PT/DOA etc. public servers that do abuse their abilities?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know the admins in most of the dedicated servers i play on, but even if i didnt i dont think they would abuse people unless they are flaming or something. not just for beating them.

people that make their own servers (listen servers), are usualy noobs, and we all know the tolerance of a noob to have is ass handed to him before he starts screaming bloody hacker.

Best answers
P-e-r-s-o-n-a-l issues. Some have that problem, some don't. Means it's p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l. Got a problem with servers? People kicking you out because you 'pwned' (I'm guesing bored) them ? It's p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l.

Contact the people you have problems with. If you want to read stories about people having problems with server admins or @home servers, search around in the forums and you'll see topics that died because they finally understood it was personal and not to be discussed here.

I've been kicked from many public or @home servers. Whenever I have problems with it, I'll contact an admin or the higher ones in charge to solve it. If you want to read stories about people having problems, like I said, browse the forums.

And don't mind my little brother Mugen, he's full of himself :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=30702&highlight=server http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=30091&highlight=server http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=28455&highlight=server http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=27592&highlight=server

Bihal, check out these threads. No, they are not exactly the same, but some of them are damn close. I don't have time to dig up more.

The point is we've had enough of these threads. It is acknowledged that the community has issues (look at the last thread), and there isn't too much we can do about that. People will be people. Starting up more and more threads about it is ridiculous.

Like lynxy said, personal issues are just that; personal.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but this community is a lot better than the cs one. Theres always going to be people like this as well as other types. My recommendation is to stay away from listen servers period. I always filter for only dedicated in no mater what game I play.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I can't seem to understand the whole point of this thread as well as the fact that i'm dutch has anything to do with reading a post in a wrong way. I may be full of myself (As Lynxy says) but i'm not making a thread so that we can all complain on how admins/n00bs react to other players. :D

IT'S USELESS

hundreds have tried, hundreds have failed. And to share our experiences would be a total waste of time and space because it happens every minute of the day

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pffft, if you are kicked from a server because you are good, then look for another server instead of complaining here, people do it all the time in every game so live with it, or play a fancy coperative game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom