ESF to Steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!
There's your future people, download Steam and just get everything over with.
Can't get your mods to work on Steam? Read this TUTORIAL to find out how.

Everything you need to know about Steam is right here: http://www.steampowered.com/
The download links are also provided in that website. Hopefully this thread will help guide people through getting Steam to work. If anyone would like to add some helpfull tips, please do so. :smile:

Good Luck!

Also, for keyboard fixes and what not, get the ESF steam pack on the help page, http://www.esforces.com/help.php -Magus.

Best answers
I finally got esf to work for steam yesterday,
but there aren't any server up for it yet so I'll continue using won untill
I have to move over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant get esf to work for some reason, the key config is really messed up and it wont load maps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I don't know about that. Maybe it's because you didn't paste the fmod.dll into the Steam > Apps > Half-Life directory? I had trouble because I didn't do that. When I did, I was error free.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man...that sucks. They tell us we HAVE to make the switch...but...they dont' even make it easy or user-friendly. Lame-o-rama.

Discord Member
Best answers
one question to the esf team,is it possible to play the following versions of esf with the cs version 1.5?

Best answers
Steam sux ass! its realy crap most players think it sux & i agree with them!!!!!

Best answers
Bah its just because the servers are being overloaded,abd we all know what happens when it overloads

But I will have to agree,it is still too buggy for a public release :\

On-topic : I already knew that,but it will come in handy when I forget how to do it,Im rather forgetful you know....

Best answers
actaully steam works pretty good, i just got it yesterday set up day of defeat counter strike team fortress esf beta 1.1 and natural selection inl ess than 45 minutes, the servers are working fine now u just have to give it a chance and not hit ctrl alt deleate every three seconds

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will not be possible to play esf in 2 weeks without being on steam.

Best answers
K now this may be asking for too much but, can't someone whose has some exp in the steam, write out a guide?

Best answers
If they ever ever try to get money out of me for updates i'll just quite the eniter hl thing , same for hl 2 ffs .. for now ill 'try' steam .. it sais i have 1 month for my cd key ?? that must be the most crappy deal ever not ?

Best answers
I Dont see why people rip on steam. Its new, and so it sucks right now. Thats because it needs to be fixed of its little crap errors. Its made for broadband use.. so you know what that means.. No **** 56kers laggin up the server. So most people should be happy. Give me a GOOD reason why it sucks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is being made for HL2 in mind, yet they ruined HL to test it out. Thats whats wrong with it, they RUINED HL to test HL2.

Best answers
Goes said:
If they ever ever try to get money out of me for updates i'll just quite the eniter hl thing , same for hl 2 ffs .. for now ill 'try' steam .. it sais i have 1 month for my cd key ?? that must be the most crappy deal ever not ?
YOU PEOPLE CAN'T READ ANYTHING!

It says you have a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, not ONE MONTH TO PLAY.
I hope you sign something you wish you never did.

Best answers
ironically enough it takes forever and a half to load into a server, still lags in my opinion for some reason, and jesus god forbid it tries to freeze on u... then u HAVE to go CTRL ALT DELETE on the damn thing... steaming pile of **** is more like it... ill stick to normal 1.5, oh and the buddy system is always outta wack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam works good, just because a bunch of idiots can't get the damn thing to work say "it sucks, it's stupid, wah, wah!" Everyone just follows along. Someone says one thing, then a whole army of people do the same. Just use what's in your head. Follow the installation instructions, read the FAQ's, read the tutorials, and you should be fine.

I DON'T WANT PEOPLE RANTING ON HOW STEAM IS DUMB IN MY THREAD

Thank you, and GL! ;)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
Steam works good, just because a bunch of idiots can't get the damn thing to work say "it sucks, it's stupid, wah, wah!" Everyone just follows along. Someone says one thing, then a whole army of people do the same. Just use what's in your head. Follow the installation instructions, read the FAQ's, read the tutorials, and you should be fine.

I DON'T WANT PEOPLE RANTING ON HOW STEAM IS DUMB IN MY THREAD

Thank you, and GL! ;)

Amen to that. Steam really does have a lot of potential, you just have to give them a couple of weeks to iron out their content servers and fix up a few bugs.

zed

Best answers
i've got esf working on steam :D

Has anyone got the bots working on steam? I tried to install esf bot version 3 and the game does not boot when i go create game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@zed: I don't know about the bots... since i've never downloaded any. If it involves adding anything to the HL directory or ESF directory, it probably will work. You just might have to do it manually though, since the installer will automaically look for the Sierra directory.

So, if anyone that has the bots figured out for Steam, please post a "how-to" in here.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom