Going easy?

Best answers
Ok guys, this is a bit wierd.

When i join a game, for some reason i find myself going easy if the people are not "Up to date"

But when somone good joins, then i get harder, but i don't get to my best.

Is it that i like to lose? or is it becuase im just to kind to people?

Anyway the reason i was asking you is that when i play with the very good guys now, it takes a while for me to remember how to fight like a wild animal.

Now my question to you, is should i always join a game and play at my best and kill everyone and get my I.P. Banned from the server because "No ones that good" Or should i keep going easy? I nearly forgot how to fight....thats my question.

What do you think?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do the same thing. I went and faught the new bots for like 10 minutes and I was fully whipped back into fashion though. I think its appropriate to kick the crap out of people every now and then to keep your skills up. Most of the time I really don't care though. When someone good joins up I usually don't really care if I win or not so I don't put much effort in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay my old general rule was that I can't play my best unless the other person is just as good as I am

So usually I'd throttle down against people like UPC and Scorcher :p

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sometimes tend to do that. But very rarely will I come across someone who is worse than I am :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
Okay my old general rule was that I can't play my best unless the other person is just as good as I am

So usually I'd throttle down against people like UPC and Scorcher :p

Ahhah ahh ah... ah funny ;).

Best answers
i only try in tournaments, and clan matches, or else i just cant fight my best =\ i usually tend to just play around, even if i want to play at my best

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is how it reall is.

When someone is not as good as you, you tend to do worse while fighting. Even if you're trying your best against this person, you wont tend to do your max. When someone comes in the server as good as you, or better. You seem to automatically do better than you thought. Even if you think you're not doing your best, you really are.
The way you are feeling right now, is the way I always feel when i'm playing someone like Bio Brolly. It just gets me frustrated at times. When you know what you are doing wrong, yet you can't stop losing. You don't wanna think that he is better than you, but the truth is.. that he is. So next time, simply think that he is better than you, then you will do a lot better.

If you think that you are the better player, you'll lose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you ever talked to a guy named Lynx
im pretty sure he believes he is one of the best players, and he wins a lot......

there goes your theory eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way he win's is by belittleing his oponent to make them angry, or nervous, then they don't perform to their full standards >:|.

Best answers
I always play my best (although since I use random characters, it's only my best with that character)
Unless someone says they are new.

Then I ask them if they've read the manual. If they have, then I'll give them some tips and go easy.

If they haven't, then I have no sympathy for them and pound them into the ground.

(lol, I actually remember one guy leaving to go and read the manual after I asked. That was cool.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play to have fun. :rolleyes: I guess that's going out of fashion. If there's somebody who's really bad, then I'll play weird and have a good time withem. I only remove all mercy when I'm having a bad day or something. In general if I meet somebody who seems good I end up playing just well enough to beat them (and hey sometimes I don't), dunno if I'm at max or not, I don't see much point in gauging it. The better your enemy, the better you will fight; because you have to. Simple as that.

I try hard not to get into the ****y pissing contests that I see all over these forums.

Best answers
sigh, yeah your right Hitokiri, what happened to the love?

just today i get an email from a Dark Raven chalenging me calling me this and that because i said he wasnt the best. Games are for fun, and while victory through compertition can be awsome, its a completly different kettle of fish if you play purely for victoy (eg cs cheaters).

Play to have fun people, and the best fun i find in this game is through fair compertition where the opponent is of similar skill to you. oh and in answer to the topic i try match my oppenents skill

theres my 2 cents.

Best answers
Not that I don't have fun! I do! Actually, when I said I do my best, I meant, sort of my lax best, you know, the best I have to do. The only thing in this regard that annoys...nah, forget it, that's just whining. ^_^

Best answers
Lol, your all kinda funny and you all had a nice answer, but its a fact that most people do not fight at there best against noobs, mostly becuase noobs don't know the tricks, and therefor, you don't use the counter tricks(like the infamas drop, run teleport hit in less than 2 secs{That i still have problims with:(})

Best answers
You can't play at your best vs a n00b. Simply becos you're not used to their "slow" behaviour/response. You dont need to sweat to beat him, the simpelest tricks work on him.

I usually dont hold back, I dont care if its a n00b. I just fight him and see how it ends up. I hate to loose (probably cos I usually win |o|) but I enjoy a good fight (like vs lynx or something like that). I dont mind losing of him cos I know he's good. When I fight him, im usually at my best wich may result in me thinking "huh, did I just do that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom