Why is this so bad?

Best answers
Lets say both you and your opponent are trying to fly in circles trying to hit your opponent, and then you accidentally meet them in a head on attack. Why is this so bad? Not like I tried to on purpose, but it should be their responsability to keep their Ki up and not complain if they are accidentally hit. I don't sit there and do LSM but luck is usually on my side when it comes to this kind of stuff. Please answer and thank you.

Best answers
yea thats y this whole HOW thing is gettin outta hand...its becoming a reason for ppl that think they are good to complain...it doesnt bother me unless its an lsm..all i can say is just dont worry about it...if they wanna complain they are just makin the game miserable for themselves..

Best answers
Theres nothin bad about it, i see nothin wrong with abusing or over using the head on thing. i say if it works use it! Screw what other people think, if there to dumb to get off the *****in ass then just keep doing it. cuz u should never change the way u play unless us start lossing, pluse its fun to watch then call ya a noob and try and vote kick u :p

so all in all, the programmers put it in there so USE IT!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So sayeth the self proclaimed speedhacker. Point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It takes far more ability to outmaneuver your opponent than to "LSM" or "HOW" them, whatever you like to call it. So people complain. Just like camping in CS is far less skilled than somebody running in and owning 3 people with dual berettas :p

Best answers
Alright thanks. Yeah I do move around my opponent and try to catch them off guard from behind.

Best answers
yeah it dosent take any skill to "how" but im not playing to win a prize or because i think ill get lotsa "respect" i play to have fun so why should i care if people say i havent got skill thats like if im playing ball with my mate ans someone yells you dont have any skill translation i dont give a sh!t.
my gaming style? depends ill admit im a ass when i play i try to humiliate my opponent as much as possible and i love it when my opponent starts to ***** about me using scripts or hacking and stuff thats just too funny, and if i meet one whos better than me i leave simple if i get pounded its no fun for me anymore and what about the challenge? if i play soccer or im running a marathon ill take up a challenge but on a comp nah...

Best answers
What does HOW and LSM mean anyway?

I missed out a whole lot of ESF-stuff the last couple of months due to the lack of an internet-connection ... So fill me in here would ya.

Btw, is 1.1 out yet? :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol...1.1 has been out for months now. HOW means Head On Whoring (which is not the correct way in saying it) but im not sure about LSM (sounds like a disease)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
LSM = Last second melee

I just melee whenever, but Idon't sit there and wait for them to swoop then attack, that leaves me opened up to get pwned X_X
but I still suck :p

Best answers
I Think the fact that there is a name for HOW shows that people are total babies.

They complain that people Head-on them too much, but expect a flat-on attack to be fair. Thats sooo lame. When I get LSMed my reaction is usually: "well duh, what did I expect?"

I don't care about HOW, Disks, Trans Kills or ANYTHING use whatever works! Just friggin FIGHT! If you're good, HOW will be easy to get around. If you're not, you can be the one whoring, so who cares?!?! I could complain about Teleporting WAY more than HOW. I mean, any idiot can evade even the best attack with 3 teleports, mashing buttons. There is no way to know exactly there they went (I happen to think the after images with be too much of a distraction if it's not a specific ki wasting technique. It's bad enough they are just gone don't need to chase shadows. They should just make that little blurr streak from the show)

I think these "cheap" manuvers are there to balance things. Yes, balance. You need dissadvantage to everything, and if someone is flying right at someone(unless they are really powerful) the person waiting should have the advantage. You can't just make it so as long as you just swoop someone you win! that's retarded..

Anyways... My server will allways allow everything. It's there for a reason, use it. Only flaming and complaining will get you booted. :)

Best answers
I already explained to the best of my knowledge what Head On Whoring was. I hate it when people get hit by a head on 'once' and then they call the person a HOW. Last time I checked, the term whore meant to have an addiction or infatuation with whatever's being referred to. So doing it once or twice wouldn't really considered being a whore, would it? But you noobs have blown my term all kinds of out of perspective, and that's why I've been trying to have it killed. If a head on happens every now and again, so be it. It can't be avoided sometimes, but when all someone does is fall back and repeat the same methods to try and land a head on, it's just annoying, however easy it might be to defeat. But I'm sure you idiots will still run around screaming HOW for every little thing you don't like in melee, regardless of if you have any backing to your claim or not. What a sad, ignorant world we live in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the most common form of lsm ive seen is to charge your opponent, tele behind them and charge up while they turn around and come after you.

Halorin is right, it is extremly annoying and sometimes im just too lazy to go around it. sometimes they beat me and call me noob, that gets even more annoying. just remember that the only reason you shouldnt use this method is for yourself. try to use some skill not to impress other people but to know that you are indeed a better player than that kid who sits and charged up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be perfectly blunt, it makes it not fun. That's my only gripe. "The programmers put it in" = the team makes mistakes, I'm sure they didn't make it like that on purpose, to promote ki management or whatever.

I liked the old Beta 1 way...but all the 56k losers complained they couldn't win and that it was unfair...so once again the miserably and pathetically lower end of the hardware spectrum went to mob rules, and the devs changed the method for determining who wins in a head-on attack.

HOWing is, simply put, repeated LSM's in a row, or consistent LSM tactics. Last I played I fought a guy, he was alright, nothing too impressive, but he kept doing this really *** thing where he'd see me swoop and he'd teleport back twice and charge as I approached. The thing is he waited to teleport till I was right near him. As soon as he was done with the second teleport he swooped and voila, a hit. When I am so far away, I expect a block or a dodge...but by teleporting backward, he enourages me to chase him, and I get HOWed subsequently.

Now...I know everyone will say to me, "uuuggh, omg loooll u jst stopp an tele an w00t" or ***** that I could have easily telegraphed and defeated the move.

Well, I did. Once I noted his repeated use of the tactic, I faked him out and we had to have an actual fight, which he of course proceeded to lose, for the better portion of the time.

Like Pain said, even though you can easily defeat the "basic HOWer" it's still annoying because it takes the fun out of the fighting. I play to fight and have fun...if you always win...how is it fun?

The big issue for me is enjoyment. My fav. thing about ESF is the way that the DBZ-style melee wars can ensue. But unfortunately, HOWing ruins this.

The LSM can be performed by anyone in a face to face duel. So, if the guy is even aware he's being attacked, he can do it to you just the same. This promotes even moreso the lack of dueling and melee usage, and further disconcerts me as far as my enjoyment of the game goes.

So once again, like Pain says, it's annoying. And Halorin's right, too.

Best answers
Pain said:
it is extremly annoying and sometimes im just too lazy to go around it.
Well then what do you expect? You say to use skill but expect to win when you get lazy? Doesn't work that way.

Pain said:
the most common form of lsm ive seen is to charge your opponent, tele behind them and charge up while they turn around and come after you..
That sounds like skill to me. What's more fair about teleporting behind them and swooping them from behind? This way acctually gives the target more of a chance! It may be more insulting, but it's a perfectly viable way of fighting.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
HOWing is, simply put, repeated LSM's in a row, or consistent LSM tactics. Last I played I fought a guy, he was alright, nothing too impressive, but he kept doing this really *** thing where he'd see me swoop and he'd teleport back twice and charge as I approached. The thing is he waited to teleport till I was right near him. As soon as he was done with the second teleport he swooped and voila, a hit. When I am so far away, I expect a block or a dodge...but by teleporting backward, he enourages me to chase him, and I get HOWed subsequently.
This is rediculous. You guys hate EVERYTHING. Apparently there is no fair way to fight since people don't do what you excpect them to. Maybe the only way to fix this is to change head-ons so that BOTH people take EQUAL damage. No more complaining.

Best answers
Darksun said:
Anyways... My server will allways allow everything. It's there for a reason, use it. Only flaming and complaining will get you booted. :)
I want that servers name and number on my desk by tomorrow! :smile:

And I want to add something called BEAMS!

They are a perfect way to stop those LMWOSH whatever things! You see a guy swooping at you, simply fire a generic beam, it's too late for him to teleport cause it takes too much time to stop swooping. He stops and gets hurts, that's twice the advantage for you.
And if you're a bit smart, you'll have the melee select button bound to a button real closehand, hit it, target, and punch the sucker right in his face while he doesn't know what's happening.

The really good players will alway find a way, that's what makes them so good.

Best answers
squanman said:
I want that servers name and number on my desk by tomorrow! :smile:
The name & # may change but it will be something like Darksun or darksungames
squanman said:
You see a guy swooping at you, simply fire a generic beam, it's too late for him to teleport cause it takes too much time to stop swooping. He stops and gets hurts, that's twice the advantage for you.
LOL somebody kept doing that to me, and like a moron I kept trying to just hit them! But it helped me to work on my swoop-tele timing. Still needs lotsa work tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darksun said:
Well then what do you expect? You say to use skill but expect to win when you get lazy? Doesn't work that way.

That sounds like skill to me. What's more fair about teleporting behind them and swooping them from behind? This way acctually gives the target more of a chance! It may be more insulting, but it's a perfectly viable way of fighting.
1. what i mean by lazy is, i wont hit the teleport button fast enough, or i lose track of my opponent. because im not focusing on the battle, because guess what, my opponent is a noob. sure he may end up winning but i know who is better out of the 2 of us. i dont have to prove it to the other guy and exert myself. all he does is go straight at me, there is nothing else involved with the technique. i know i can beat it, but then the lazyness comes in. i know who i cant beat also. see the thing is, when i get lazy i dont wait for my opponent. ill just beam them.

2. no its not skill, its running away and charging up. if they put that much effort into maybe getting behind me and hitting me instead of waiting it would be different. mind you, these are the same people that NEVER pull of side or back hits. no one said it wasnt a viable fighting style, it was said it was looked down upon because it is 'skill-less'. anyone can sit and wait for you to charge at them, some people have improved upon that technique. good for them. its still the same base though.

PS
the funniest thing is to LSM them right back. then they start calling u noob and HOWer and all that good stuff, that they themselvs were just doing. hilarious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darksun I'm not trying to be an ******* but once you get to, like, the |::Z::| level you can talk. People who haven't fought all ends of the spectrum can't understand. Fighting someone like SSJPanther when they are HOWing purposely is not 'easy to get around' as you say. It is annoying and thorougly asinine.

Best answers
well, after reading most of the posts in here...stfu you whiney babies, most of you sound twelve, and if youre not, then act your age please...If a head on attack is working, then maybe THAT is the right way, and flying in dumbass circles isnt, ever stop and think?!? Not that i enjoy swapping Headons for a half hour, but hey, if its working for people, then shut up and let them play, if you dont like it, make your own server and ban it, ok im done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom