Disc damage/removal time.

Best answers
They should make the disc not a instant kill technique, if it is charged half way.
Let's say the disc is charged as a small one and it hits someone, they should get 50% dmg, the more you charge it, the more dmg it gets.

As for the disc travel; if the disc is small, it should fizzle when it reaches a certain distance.
So it's like a snowball on a warm plate, that gets smaller and smaller, POOF.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh. I think the idea has a good premise but it's lacking in luster. I don't think shrinking over distance is a good policy. If somebody throws a disc at you from 4 seconds away, and you get hit because you're charging and don't see it, you deserve to die. I'm also not too sure about the percentage thing... a disc is a disc. I'd say we go back to my suggestion from long ago where the amount of charge you put into it determines not only its size but its speed. A half charged destructo disc should move about as fast as the current one fully charged, whereas a fully charged destructo disc should move about twice as fast.

But that's just for the destructo disc. Frieza's disc is different.

With frieza's disc there's a lot less accuracy involved, and a lot more just chance, and luring people into to traps. The destructo disc actually requires you to aim to hit people, whereas frieza's moves a little after it is thrown and comes back at the same speed it is thrown. Cheezy. I say we apply the percentage thing to the frieza disc, and just apply a speed thing to krillin's. That way krillin's wont be spammed as often but will be more dangerous as you spend more time charging it, as opposed to now, where a longer charge really doesn't mean anything.

Best answers
Personally, I think that the disc should only instakill if the victim is in a certain PL range. If the guy's too powerful then the disc can be blocked just like a beam, but it will still instakill if the victim doesn't block. Meh, That's what I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this would suck because it's very difficult to hit anyone with a disc ... you can easily dodge every disc ... Krillin looses half of his KI when he uses disc ... so it's only fair when it's an instakill-weapon
it would suck if you charge that long and loose most of your KI and your enemy doesn't die

same for the shrunking suggestion ... if you shoot a guy, who is far away your chance is less than 5% to hit him ... everyone moves anywhen

why do you want to make the disc weaker ??? it's already a weak attack

I would suggest to make Krillins disc stronger like: shoot it -> right mouse -> it explodes into 6 lil discs (every direction one)

Frieza's disc ... wow maybe you can control it a lil bit ... but it's still easy to dodge it

additional ... kill anyone with a disc and look the PL you get ... you won't get as much PL as if you're killing an enemy with another attack ... maybe you get 10k PL ... that's not much for hitting one (if you were able to hit one)

make it PL based would suck, too ... Krillin is a weak char ... he transforms last ... so after 5 mins he can't compete with anyone ... so everyone could block his disc (ever seen when a disc got block in DBZ ???)
and if Krillin is transformed, everyone melees with him, because then he's the fastest char

[edit]
use the search function !!!
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=31014

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed

people complain theres no way to stop a disk

WELL GUESS WHAT!! krillin and freezer dont really have anything and the disks are already hard enough to kill people with and hardly yeild a reward

so ur saying that they should make them even crappier because ur too lazy to move out of the way?

its easy to dodge disks and thats there weakness they always have been insta kill in dbz so why would this be differnt

Best answers
Nretep said:
make it PL based would suck, too ... Krillin is a weak char ... he transforms last ... so after 5 mins he can't compete with anyone ... so everyone could block his disc (ever seen when a disc got block in DBZ ???)
Both Gohan(during cell games) and Cell(Right after he fought Vegeta I believe) have blocked disk with their own body parts.

Best answers
Hibiki said:
indeed

people complain theres no way to stop a disk

WELL GUESS WHAT!! krillin and freezer dont really have anything and the disks are already hard enough to kill people with and hardly yeild a reward

so ur saying that they should make them even crappier because ur too lazy to move out of the way?

its easy to dodge disks and thats there weakness they always have been insta kill in dbz so why would this be differnt
Krillin's advantage is that he can move after he threw a disc and teleport away before another enemy melees him down.

Krillin's disc should be instant kill. But the size of the disc must be here with a reason.

And Hibiki, the disc isn't a instant kill technique unless if it is properly charged or if the enemy is way stronger.
The projectile isn't solid, it is KI that is visualized to cut through the enemy.

So either the charge time increases the hit boxes hit percentage/increases dmg/ or the expiration time.

Best answers
i think they should make certain characters like cell and buu immune to the disc because in the series the disc never affected them one bit.

Best answers
Discs are fine the way they are. Stop trying to make excuses for your lack of skill, just find a way around it. I mean the sound is a dead giveaway so all you have to do is teleport once and you dodge it. I think the only time discs are useful are when you ambush someone from behind, or when someone is flying at you from a far distance and you just throw it at them. That is always fun to do against n00bs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To SsJ-SonGohan:
/me agrees SsJ-SonGohan (or does he agree me ??? ;))

To SSJ Toast:
make buu and cell immune to dics would unbalance the game TOO much ... it would be unfair

To GoldSaiyan:
maybe a Krillin can teleport after trowing a disc, when he just throw a disc at someone ... but 1. then his disc was useless and 2. after throwing his disc he has very low KI what makes hard to melee back

To Trov:
Gohan catched the discs ... it would be unfair to make a char imune to discs ... or make discs blockable
Cell didn't block it ... he was just too strong for Krillins DD ... maybe he was 100x stronger then Krillin ... so you suggest to make the disc blockable, then Krillin has 500k and you 50Million ... this won't unbalance the game so much ;)

I'm still thinking the discs are ok as they are now

Best answers
To SSJ Toast:
make buu and cell immune to dics would unbalance the game TOO much ... it would be unfair

hmm not really, since most people use saiyans , it would make buu and cell worth playing.
But then frieza wouldnt be used.

Although the disk damage is a good idea,in dbz it only ever cut right through for instant kills.

Krillin : should shoot multi disks when right click is held down as ntrep said.
(fired all side by side? one after another? or randomly scattered? im just not sure about how much lag it might cause.)

Frieza : disk should be a little more controllable. Perhaps make secondary fire a slower frieza disk for better control

It doesnt need it's power of instant kill decreased, because if your good you can easilly dodge alot of disks.
And the disk move takes a fair chunk of ki.

The only thing i would ask for is that you could hear the disk sound coming
towards you a little earlier so you have time to react if they get you from behind

One thing would be nice, giving some pl for killing with a disk. About half the amount for killing someone with a beam would be fine i think.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Seph but it's going to make more than making me immune to discs to get me to play as Cell, and Buu has his own advantages (Incredible hit points, speed, and candy ray).

If you made the sound louder it would have no chance of ever hitting anyone. Deal with the reaction time you get now. ESF is a game that tests your reflexes; why should we make things easier for a few people that whine about not being able to teleport before getting hit with a disc?

And guys, this isn't the show, it's a game. If we wanted everything to be like the show everyone would be Buu or Goku and nobody would be hurt by the disc after they transform and leave krillin in the dust.

Best answers
if you did this with the disks then imagine the modelers/skinners who went through alot to make the disk and krillin look better :confused: (AKA Darksun)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom