Forum Avatar Suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dunno if u can make it like this but my suggestion is that the file size of the avatars can go up, 10kb is max.....thats nothing for these days, all my "good" avatars are 15 or 16kb, so my question/suggestion is if u could raise the max kb's for an avatar to 17 or maybe 20kb

but i dunno if this is posible...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had a real problem trying to reduce me avatar size, it was 100 x 100 at 1 point but i had to resize it cuz it was too large a file, and i cudnt let it go down nemore with out loosing quality, i think this suggestion is good

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't agree more...A little while ago i had a pwnage avatar, but i couldn't use it because the filesize was to big, now i'm using this low quality bummeh thing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya i know, i dont have an avatar now cuz i cant insert my new one cuz that one is 15kb .....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its is jpg kid......we dudes make big avatars not liek u a simple goku

Best answers
Well another problem is the animated avatars. I had to knock off 5 frames to get mine to fit. But I would prefer bigger sizes then I could make better ones to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the forum exists for reading and writing posts ... not for showing all their avatar ... make it to your sig and it's ok
that's the reason for the 100*100 limit

the size limit ... do you know that this forum has currently 8,754 members ??? the forums already costs enough ... with such a change it would need more space and more traffic
resize your avatar til it has 100*100 and try it again ... if not upload it anywhere and make it to your sig

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as i said i dunno if it was possible and second
i even tried to size down my avatar to 50x50 and it still keeps a size of 13kb (wierd....) then i use the jpeg thing from photoshop and to test soemthing i put that thing one 1, and i still keep a size of 12kb i dunno how to lower it more with out losing to much quality

btw ntrep i aint talking about 100x100 pixels but about the file size

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to use Paint for bmp->jpg
I've never seen a 100*100 jpg which is bigger than 10kB
IF it really is so, choose another Avatar which has less contrast inside of it and try it (as jpg) again

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sigh

try reducing the pallet colors

ie, 32 bit color to 24 or 16.

A 32 bit color scheme cost insane amounts of memory, where most avatars could have a 16b with no loss.

Learn to optemize pallets children, because it's not changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom