Melee in 1.2

Best answers
This is not a thread saying when it will be out.

Ok this is my suggestion ( not how melee should be )

Ok like, I know you guys like to keep everything a big secret until its released its like waiting for christmas or whatever but, I think it would be a big help if you posted progress like how melee will be like, What buttons we will use and stuff. So nothing will suck, like what if the melee in 1.2 will just suck? We don't know because we haven't seened how it works or anything. Like you guys need to tell us how the new 1.2 melee will work, Because it could be good or not be good. It just might suck, it just might be great. All of us want it to be great. So it would be best to show the work you are doing instead of just holding it in secretly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that's why ESF has private testers and team members that test it. It wouldn't make much sense if they released something they didn't like. So just have faith in them, they won't release something people won't like.

Best answers
Um, Not many like 1.1 thats why im saying that.

I heard 1.1 was RUSHED. Beta Testers don't do nothin but play it and tell bugs. Beta testers are like what 12 people. We are a WHOLE COMMUNITY, Who are waiting for something. Basically we should know how it is. Yea it looks nice. But what are the buttons how does it play? Best thing is to make a manual of it. Have the community give its imput on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this time span of 1.1 to 1.2 seem rushed to you? I think it's going well. They are showing us updates of what they want. It's the teams decision. Obviously some people will complain, it's something you need to understand.

There isn't even anything wrong with 1.1 melee, just adapt and survive.

Best answers
ummm dont they have to make the mod compatible with steam now too? i cant get it too work with steam (off-topic)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People have got it to work on steam, although there are other problems with steam they will need to look at.

Best answers
Please use pms to discuss this.

If you post something off topic please post something on topic also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having a manual to something we can't play would be pointless SSJ Shin Carl, but if you feel strongly that you want to know how 1.2 plays and stuff, ask or beg gr00vy to record a demo or tell you the controls and stuff.

Best answers
I did adapt and survive nowhere in my post did i EVER say i didn't like 1.1. I am just saying it could suck it could be great how could we know? All we see is lil bits and pieces here and there. I don't want to beg anyone for anything all i am saying is we need to know what is up so it won't suck or not. I'm trying to help yall out. Oh well. Having a manual would at least show you how it is to play. Damn are you that stupid?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me??!!! What the f.... i didnt say you said ESF 1.2 sux, I didn't say beg gr00vy. I meant beg, in the way that its hard to get gr00vy to do some stuff for ya. And now that you just flamed, good luck to you asking for a manual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl if you don't like esf 1.1 what do you like dmz?(HA ha ha)

BAd idea about the info!
You can find info in the main site! (homepage)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesnt tell you what 1.2 melee will be like on the hompage and thats what hes asking for. I would like for them to tell us what 1.2 melee will be like, but i doubt they will. They want it to be a surprise. Besides, they told us how 1.1 melee was going to work and no one thought that people would just head on (or atleast i think they didnt) to win. You again like others said have to have faith in the esf team, even if they messed up with 1.1.(not flamming 1.1, just saying i prefer 1.0)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Destin: That was off topic spam...

Shin Carl: If you are going to play mod for a post or two, at least add something else that is on the topic of the discussion at hand.

Cruz: That isn't exactly what he was asking. Or you didn't clarify what you meant...

Guys info isn't being given out because the team doesn't want to give it all away at once. People will start critiquing it three months before it arrives if they let people know how it works, and they've already got it all planned out. They are not going to compromise.

Besides, secrets are sexy, figuratively speaking. People will stick around waiting for new screenshots and info on the new melee system. Letting everyone know how the new melee system is going to work will just split the community with some people saying it's going to suck for months and others arguing with them. Let's not have any of that now.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And addressing your comment on beta testers: you have to also realize that the testers aren't necessarily comprised of 12 players that approach the game the same way. Take for instance myself: I never played ESF seriously, call me the worst player around if you want, it wouldn't matter to me. On the other end of the spectrum, you have other players who like a good competition now and again - grOOvy used to compete, I'm sure, so he would know what to suggest to make the new system flexible enough to use in "tighter" situations.

Nevertheless, I digress, the team will give out whatever information about the new melee system if/when they are ready to do so. Have faith in 'em, guys.

Best answers
well another point that has yet to be made is that if u dont like advanced melee....which i know some ppl wont...u can just turn it off....wasnt it said early on the advanced melee was gonna be a server option like CTDB mode...to me as long as the game play doesnt turn into a button mashing contest like DMZ then i will have no problem with it...and if it does then ill just turn it off and keep the system we are using now...

Best answers
A bit off topic, but what is DMZ? And where can I get it. Sorry Admins, I didn't feel like starting another thread.

Best answers
Let's not have any arguing now? "Okay." We'll just have the arguing when it's a potent possibilty that 90% of the community will not want to play 1.2, wasting countless hours of work and resources. Sounds "sexy" to me. From what I've heard personally, melee is taking a drastic drop in skill-based fighting. Oh well. Maybe we can get a 1.1b patch sometime that lets people use it correctly on Steam when they make us switch over to that **** heap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, there needs to be a manditory popup when u first start ESF that says
"Play instructions/tutorial/manual now?"
because these noobs that come into the server and are saying "OMG IM A NOOB HOW DO YOU PLAY!!!!" are making me really sick. with this they have no excuse.

and for those of us that know how to play there could be a checkbox underneath the message that says
"dont show this ever again"
i think you guys know what i mean.

Best answers
As good of an idea as that would be, I don't think it would be all that effective. Jackasses all over the world do what they want until they need some kind of help or until someone tells them not to do, and all they have to say in response is "Explain to me what I do do, then," when the god damned instructions have been in their face the whole time. People will rather just join a server and feel that they are important enough to have someone train them in every aspect of the game, all within one minute. Idiocy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom