Proportions

Best answers
This is my problem..

The sizes of the models ingame relative to each other aren't correct..
Meaning for example that Vegeta is so big and massive that he is allmost as tall as Goku in game..
Cell is one of the biggest chars in the show (even in first form), and he looks like a shrimp next to Vegeta. :S (And he gets even smaller when transing!!)
Same goes for Piccolo, i mean he is just... puny ingame.. :S

http://www.thecellgame.net/pics/dragonballgandgokuback.jpg

See what i mean?
Right now it isn't like that at all..
Now i admit i don't have the slightest idea when it comes to doing stuff like this, but i can't imagine correcting it is that much work.. :scared:
So why then wait for future releases (and thus having to wait longer) for such a minor thing to be corrected?

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to (in time) add 2 extra animations per char when it comes to turbo?
Right now when you turn on your turbo/aura the walking animation is just accelerated... It would look 10x better the char would really lean forward, like running really quick, or start to take on a more horizontal postion when flying, 'cause it looks really crap to see them moving topspeed while walking straight up..
Get my point..? o_o

Anyway, i don't know if this is much work, and i am not one to ask unrealistic things or even more effort from the ESF team, but i really think this would improve the game..

Best answers
Well if your going by that picture, goku's finger is as big as piccolo's body! :p j/k
Im sure the esf team can rescale the models if they get round to it.
Just chop down the arms/legs/body, or vice versa.
The running position sounds like a good idea , a noticeable one too.

Best answers
I kinda agree man ... Piccolo is tons taller compared to Vegeta but ingame ... o_O

same for Cell form 2

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, it'd be an awesome idea if the team would spend more time on the correct proportions of the characters than on actual gameplay. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, yeah. That's how I think the models should be as well, because right now.. the largest model is Vegeta... :laff:

Best answers
Evil_Trunks said:
Yeh, it'd be an awesome idea if the team would spend more time on the correct proportions of the characters than on actual gameplay. :rolleyes:
Jeezz i get really sick and tired of you guys with your "focus on gameplay, any eyecandy whatsoever is a waste of time" policy.. :S
Everytime something that doesn't directly relate to gameplay comments like this come up..
I agree FULLY that they should focus on getting the game together, but like i said, as far as i know it's not like this takes a lot of time.. :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he is kinda right, the modelers only have to model a bit more they dont do THAT much fro the game play i guess except making models so they could do this
about the flying animation, i would like that to but it looks kinda weird on such small maps i wish we could ahve huge maps where it takes 30 second to fly from side 1 to side 2 but i dunno if the HL engine can handel it :rolleyes:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only point, especially refering to this matter, is that something like Buu and Piccolo should be uber tall and Vegeta isnt short enough is such a trivial waste of time.

Do you guys seriously care about this? Does it make you not want to play the game?

It just usually seems to me that all the "eye candy" threads focus on things that can easily be added much, much later.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, as that thread explains. SS_Vegeta said they would be corrected in a later release.

closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom