option to get away

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you are blocking in a block struggle and you are winning, there could be 5 options.

1) the way it is right now, you deflect it back.
2) you have the option of charging your own beam and forming a PS with that guy.
3) the beam stops for a second so that you can get away or it tele's you away automaticaly and then the beam continues. giving it that 'haha i got him, oh wait hes behind me' dbz feeling.
4) fly through the beam and hit the opponent. (frieza did this to goku and pikkon did this to goku as well.) or instead of flying straight through the beam, you push the beam back up steadily as you are winnning the block struggle, so by the time you win, you can b!tch slap the guy.
5) if you successfully block a ball type attack, you may hold on to it and fire it on your as your own. (trunks vs metal frieza, deathball)

this wouldnt really improve gameplay at all but it might be nice to have a few more features so it doesnt get boring.

Best answers
Actually, the third idea sounds nice, if they disable death notices messages (hud_deathnotice_time 0), but the second one destroys the point of Block Struggling, plus I have never seen that happen in a DBZ episode (But I haven't seen walljumping either....).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd one is, lets say someone shoots a beam at you, and you have no time to charge your own. block it, and if you so choose you may turn it into a ps.

goten used a beam jump sorta thing when fighting trunks in the tournament before buu shows up.

Best answers
Wow preety sweet :):yes:

The first and last ideas /me likes but the 2nd hmm needs testing and blancing soo it wont "replace" blockstruggles ... hmm turning in a PS should cost quite a bit of KI to balance it imo :)

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
For the third one the one with the dbz feeling would require xtreme coding.

And I`m not gonna wait a xtra month for one little shizza move :)

But for the second: I LIKE IT :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i almost forgot, that 2nd one happens a lot throughout dbz.

example: (i know movies arent used in for referance in the game but its the only thing i can think of, and i know it happend in the show)

when goku was fighting cooler, cooler made a large deathball and fired at goku. goku first blocked it, then he formed a kamehameha and PS'd it.

also another option could be, if your winning the block struggle you have the option of melee'n right through the beam and whack the opponent. ill add that in the first post

Best answers
Culex said:
Actually, the third idea sounds nice, if they disable death notices messages (hud_deathnotice_time 0), but the second one destroys the point of Block Struggling, plus I have never seen that happen in a DBZ episode (But I haven't seen walljumping either....).

walljumping happens a lot, especially in DB but in DbZ it happens quite a lot too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
1) the way it is right now, you deflect it back.
this is like it happens mostly in DBZ
if the blocker is stronger, he makes the beam a projectile and fires it away where he wants
if the blocker it much stonger, he swaps away to the side

Pain said:
2) you have the option of charging your own beam and forming a PS with that guy.
sounds nice, but then noone would shoot a generatic beam ... the blocker would block it and shoot it back
additional ... then you would delete all BS', what is an important part of DBZ

Pain said:
3) the beam stops for a second so that you can get away or it tele's you away automaticaly and then the beam continues.
that isn't a good idea, because then you could block every beam easily ... if a Veg fires a FF against you ... you would block for one second and then teleport behind him ... you can do this without new coding ... just wait til the beam it close to you and teleport away (works better with teleport after image ;))

Pain said:
4) fly through the beam and hit the opponent.
wouldn't be that funny if there's a strong guy swooping ... no Newbies (first-time-players) would have a cahnce, because the stronger guy would swoop through their beams
additional ... everyone could let detonate his own beam ... so ... if anyone tries it, press right mouse

sry ... but I think the current BS-system is the best (but multiple BS would own)

[mod]for talking about walljump, go into/ make another thread[/mod]

Best answers
Personally, I think the second idea is awesome. I love it. If you watch Gohan training with his Dad in the ROSAT, he blocks the kame, then forms a small energy ball to struggle with it for a while.

Anyways, I think it's awesome.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
offtopic - BTW is ROSAT is Room Of Spirit And Time?
ontopic - YES , I tend to agree with almost everyone in this thread(most of this thread's participaters do!)!
the scond idea really rulez...
WHAT IS "BS"? I knowbs PS is a power struggle...

sounds nice, but then noone would shoot a generatic beam ... the blocker would block it and shoot it back
additional ... then you would delete all BS', what is an important part of DBZ
huh?
I dont understand your objection.. please make it more clear

anyway thinking of that second idea really excits me!
(NNOOOOO , NOT IN THAT WAY YOU PERVER , lol)

anyway , if alls approve this idea , is it gonna be added?
[edits]to ESF BETA1.2 or 1.3(1.3 OMGTION FF sooo long... hopes not!) or will there be a 1.25? lol[/edits] or something??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be plenty balanced because both parties burn off ki while PS/BS. so you run the risk of forming a PS from a BS if you feel you have enough ki.

thats the risk you take at firing at someone who is much stronger than you. think about it, these things would only really apply to someone stronger than you. people still fire beams at ssjgokus when they are krillen anyway, and the ssjgokus beat the snot out of them after theyve blocked it. so really nothing will change but we have more options to keep it interesting.

also, with #4 you still have to block. i didnt mean u can just swoop through it with a normal swoop. its a block option AFTER you block. also, you would still be in the struggle, so if the guy turns on turbo you may be pushed back. think of it as the blocker pushing the beam up with him as he moves closer to his opponent. then the beam disperces as he hits the guy. (goku vs pikkon)

please keep in mind all of these options take place after you start a BS and are winning it from the blocking side. so u cant just block a beam and start forming ur own right away, you first have to gain the uipper hand in the struggle. so if vegeta fired a fully charged FF at you, you would have to begin winning the struggle to be able to do any of these options.

yes, its true #3 can be done without any new coding. just thought it would be a nice option so you can 'release' the beam so the guy thinks he is going to kill you when you are actualy behind him. thats the price you pay for losing a block struggle :devgrin: .

because seriously, if your the blocker and you lose the BS what happens? you get blown up right? if your the shooter and you lose what happens? oh no he deflected my beam which, if its even aimed at me, is easily avoidable. so my idea just adds consequence to those blasters that lose BS.

miki a BS is a block struggle. and yes ROSAT is the room of spirit and time.

Best answers
The bs turn ps is a good idea, maybe putting a timer on it that makes the person have to hold the beam for a few seconds before he can send a beam back to preserve bs's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
option 2 sucks most of all

imagine:
the generetic beam is a real weak beam ... everyone should be able to swap it away without BSing (blockstruggling) it
if the blocker, would be able to create an own beam during BS and shoot it back, noone would use the generetic beam anymore, because it's too weak and if anyone sees and block you, you're half dead

this option would be nice for the blocker ... but now think if you would be the attacker ... if the attacker wouldn't be that stronger as the blocker he wouldn't have any chance to survive
it's unfair to give the stronger people more advantage as they currently have
additional: with this option you would cut the BS out of ESF

Pain said:
because seriously, if your the blocker and you lose the BS what happens? you get blown up right? if your the shooter and you lose what happens? oh no he deflected my beam which, if its even aimed at me, is easily avoidable. so my idea just adds consequence to those blasters that lose BS.
do you know that ESF is a DBZ modification of Half-Life ???
if in DBZ any attacker lost a BS ... did he get damage ??? NO ... mostly the blocker shot the beam away to THE SIDE

I hope you understood me this time

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you know ESF is supposed to be balanced?
there should be risk for both parties when engaging in a BS. so the blockers beam was deflected wow..... if you lose the BS from the blocking side u get turned into a heap of ash. if u lose it fromthe shooting side..... nothing.

also, when you can normally swat a beam away do you see a struggle bar? im sorry whats that? no? thats right, so obviously none of this would apply if you didnt have to struggle.

youll also notice that the only villan to ever die from a PS was cell, and in the game people die all the time from it. well i guess its not that tightly wrapped around DBZ as you would like to think.

and apparantly you dont read any of my posts before telling me 'what-for'
Pain said:
please keep in mind all of these options take place after you start a BS and are winning it from the blocking side. so u cant just block a beam and start forming ur own right away, you first have to gain the uipper hand in the struggle. so if vegeta fired a fully charged FF at you, you would have to begin winning the struggle to be able to do any of these options.
I hope you understood me this time.

not to mention all the times BS's have been turned into PS's in DBZ. i guess that doesnt count eh?

Best answers
I think you're forgetting Nretep that the blocker has to spend a lot of ki to first overcome the energy attack in the BS. I don't think he'd want to make it a PS unless he was sure he was willing to take the gamble. Much better to simply let it fly away and recover your ki. I think it would be more of a tactical manouver than something people would spam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another option i just thought of.

If you successfully block a Ball type attack, you can hold it and fire it as your own. i got this idea by looking at trunks when metal frieza showed up. frieza launched a large deathball at him and he pretty much picked it up, holding it in his hand.

ill add this to the main post.

Best answers
3514346) if you succesfully block a ball type attack, you can throw it up and instantly swoop at your enemy so you can punch him, like goku did to kid buu once
I can think of alot more of these....

Best answers
No like option 3.
Your opponent would still be held in the beam, would be like he was PS'ing a bomb. All you do is block struggle someone, then do that, the beam person is toast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, if you dont like just one option it doesnt mean the others are bad and cant be used right?

we still got 1, 2, 4, 5. to look at if you dont like #3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom