Advanced Explosion effects (simple)

Best answers
Ok, this is just something I have thought about since I first saw ESF. The current ESF explosions, as far as I know, use HLs sprite system very similar to the blast wave effect (when Apaches crash, or from Houndeyes). The explosion, to me, doesn’t look very… explosion like, much less, like any thing on DBZ. (Sorry, just what I think)

I think that there is ONE simple thing that could be done to make the explosions look WAY cooler.

Currently, the engine creates a transparent sphere that represents an explosion. Now if the team coded in a second sphere that is WHITE, not transparent at all, and just a few feet smaller, on the inside, then the explosion would appear far more realistic to the show.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i like the idea but i think the white should be a BIT (i mean really a bit) yellowish it would be much cooler indeed

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a cool idea.. and a little transparant wouldn't hurt.. it's nice to see what happends

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think its a gr8 idea
a gr8 addition to ESF!
and not white!
for each kind of explotion there will be its own exploding color
YELLOW BEAM - yellowish explotion
KAMEHAMEHA - Blueish explotion
and so on on all attacks...
WHY the "ISH" thingu thingo thingy thing?
cause its not exactly yellow or blue or green or whatever
its a lil of that color and mostly white

now hows that for a complition for RaNger's really gr8 idea??

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i suggested this a while ago, i think its a gr8 idea :D

Best answers
The reson why I suggested white is simple. If you take a screen capture from the show, and look at a beem or explosion, it looks like the explosions are color (like blue) on the edjes, and that it gets brighter twards the center. puting white in the middle would give this effect without telling the game that it has to find the explosion color before drawling it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this sounds nice, but I would suggest the A2.0 explosions ... they were fine

but your suggestion would cause more laggs ... ESF B1 often crashed, because the explosions need much performance
to give explosion 2 spheres means it needs almost double as much as the current explosion do ... many ESF player are running on low-end PCs ... so this isn't the best idea for them

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe make it that you can do this

Explosions: [choseable in a roll thingy] : Simple/Realistic

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sorry for the spam
but will it be added?
cause for those with high good working stuff and connection
that wont crash => this would really be bad if not added...

maybe make it that you can do this

Explosions: [choseable in a roll thingy] : Simple/Realistic
--MyStIc~ShAdOw--
this is the solution for twh low stuffy gooyserz which might eb crashableinglishy!TIONALITY!

will it?

Best answers
I say go for it, It wouldnt be a bad idea but you need a bit of transparent in that... also when they transform to a SSJ theire should be yellow in it a bit..
Its a gr8 idea.

Best answers
Has anyone got a screenshot of an Alpha version explosion, i really want to see what it looks like, because the explosions in this version are kinda kakky. I really like the idea of the explosions in this thread, i think it would work nicely

Force Pit Member
Best answers
found that pic in a thread... btw i like the idea :) the explosion right now is way to simple and boring (IMO)

Best answers
Its just, in game, we often get to ooh and aah at thies MASSIVE explosions, and it would be so much more exiting if they actualy LOOKED and sounded like explosions.

Another little thing that would be nice is if the game would detect how big the explosion was going to be, and make sure that the sound spreads across that same radious. Alot of times, I will not here an explosion just becouse its too far away.

and If I where to go REALY crazy, I would suggest that the explosion only hert you when it actualy reaches you, instead of as soon as it is formed. But I do understand that HL1s engine has some real limitations to it, and that somthings are more work than they are worth.

:p

Best answers
what about dust affact to explotion??
i think it will be gr8 to have dust to explotion and spacily after turning ssj...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom