esf on hl

Best answers
i just read the hread about hl2 and what do you means it will live AND DIe on hl1 1 dont want it to die ever just make thing better all of the while

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they mean, it will never be transported on HL2, so it is based on a HL engine and only a HL engine, unfortantly ESF team has decided not to transport ESF to HL2,
it was made for HL1 and will die on HL1,

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, Jayster, since the team found out that it's going to be very easy (supposedly) to port a mod for Half-Life2, and not the months of grueling hard work they thought it would be, it's undecided right now.

They may or may not port to HL2, so nobody really knows at this point. The Sticky is outdated right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They also could stay on HL1 and do well if the source is released...

Best answers
as long as they stay hl1 i dont care and as long as they get up to 3 transformations i dont care soo cya around

Best answers
and if a stickey says ots not going 2 change i dont think it will

Best answers
really it wil stil be work and they can use te easy port but te grapics wont be as good inles they remake all te grapics which i dont think is worth the effort

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, thanks,SailorAlea, but it would be nice if they could port to HL2, just think
- Better graphics
- better gameplay
- DIFFERENT gameplay
- better models (allows more polys)
the list goes on,.,.,.,., we can only hope

Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
really it wil stil be work and they can use te easy port but te grapics wont be as good inles they remake all te grapics which i dont think is worth the effort
actually, that would be the least of the problems, making new models wouldn't take too long, it's the changes in the code that pose a problem, think of all the bugs they'd have to kill off

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
This has been brought up many times, and I see that you have read the sticky, please search around next time, and as for this thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom