what's the problem

Best answers
i installed esf and placed it under the directory counter-strike,but when i boot esf and try to join them,it shows"you cannot join a server running a custom game unless you install a custom game",,what's prob? :notice:
thanks in advance~

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you have to load it through the counter strike directory, meaning not through the game

Best answers
you mean i should boot esf through a counter-strike game?
not directly boot esf

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i mean you should open my compuiter yady yady ya then open up ESF from there, that *might* work

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ytelu said:
i installed esf and placed it under the directory counter-strike,but when i boot esf and try to join them,it shows"you cannot join a server running a custom game unless you install a custom game",,what's prob? :notice:
thanks in advance~
That error usually happens when the place when your HL/CS is unable to recognize the directory of your ESF installation and hence can't find the "custom game"/modification (which is ESF). Make sure you have installed ESF in the right place (proper directory, and make sure the directory is named "esf" as well).

And as always, make sure you're running ESF Beta 1.1.

When loading up ESF, either use the shortcut that was placed on your desktop alongwith the installation, or make a fresh shortcut to your HL.exe file with the added parameters -console -game ESF. That way it will start the game with the modification/custom game under the "ESF" directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom