A Steam Problem...

Best answers
Hey guys, I just signed up here, I dont want to waste room so Ill start with a Q ;)

Ok I have ESF (which is one of the best games Ive EVER played!) installed with Steam, in my Half-Life folder in my SteamApps. Ever since I did this it worked fine, but sometimes I run into this problem:

First of all, my steam menu is wierd cuz the buttons are all something like "#steamappGAMES" or "#steamappSERVERS". Then when I get in game, I cant do a thing. All i can do it look around with my character, I cant even type, I can use the console though to type and whatnot. This only happend to me before when I installed it in the wrong folder so I was wondering if theres any explanation for this?

Best answers
I had the same problem you should copy the config.cfg file in your Sierra\Half-life\Esf to your esf folder in the steamapps. After youve replaced it with the new config file it should work it did for me. But now all steam does for me is crash my computer so i recommend that you stay away from steam untill its the only way out.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And for your weird buttons; delete or rename your clientregistry.blob found in your steam folder. Restart steam and it should 'update' itself. Worked for me :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom