Halorin's New Melee Concept

Best answers
THis is Halorins idea that i am posting for him. :D

Combo Melee: Mouse1 Charges a swoop and upon letting go, you're off. You then hold down Mouse1 again and upon hitting someone, Chain-Combo'ing ensues. You continue to hold Mouse1, but you hit a series of directions and lengths of presses to create your combo. Once the button's released, the attack ensues. During the combo's creation, the blocker has the chance to mimic your movements to successfully block any or all of the attacks. Hitting and holding Mouse2 during this will initiate the throw/grab. Also, this should be about 2 to 3 times faster than what it was in the video to keep a higher, more DBZ'like pace in fighting.

KnockbackMelee: Mouse2 Charge a swoop and upon letting go, you're off. You then hold down Mouse2 again and upon hitting someone, they are knocked back about 1/3 or 1/4 of the distance of knockbacks now without any recovery delay. The damage is also reduced to bring emphasis to combo melee. The traditional block button would block this.

If players a close, just hitting the buttons would do the intended attacks without a need to swoop.

I think that there should only be light and heavy attacks so that the whole process could be sped up. To not throw away all the animations, certain characters could have certain moves to bring about some uniqueness in between who you use.

by: Halorin

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds almost identical to how it is now.

And I really suggest checking out this thread. http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=32210

And read Pcjoe's posts. All the charge times and things are cvars, so if you dont like how long they take, guess what? You can change them!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StAtiX said:
THis is Halorins idea that i am posting for him. :D

---

by: Halorin
I think you should read the announcement posts and consider them as high priority.

http://forum.esforces.com/announcement.php?f=2

Read Cucumba's latest announcement and take it seriously. Do not post for users who have been banned on these forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom