Is it good?

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now the new melee system, in my opinion seems like a good idea.. but that charging and delay really kills it

now im suggesting the GREAT melee suggestion ever! it combines aspects from the esf new melee system, zelda ocarnia of time, mike tyson's punch out, and street fighter! i call it the lock on mode!

- Swooping should be a seperate button that could be peformed any time, because you move too slow without using the swoop.

- When melee mode is turned on by a player, the left mouse button would be used as punching and the right mouse button would used as kicking. If you rapidly click the button the faster your hits would be, but each time you punch, it takes away ki. If you get hit as well, it'll take away ki.

- Throwing will also be the right mouse button, be it can be only used at certain times given. (See below for details).

- Trunks can take out his sword when about to hit really far.

---If only one person (you) has melee turned on and the opponent doesn't have melee turned on...

- If you have melee on you can hit somebody with the left mouse button. They'll fly across the map like how it is in the current melee.

- You can grab someone with the right mouse botton.

---If both players have melee turned on...

1. When both players get into a certain radius of each other, one player can challenge the other player to a melee battle while the other player confirms. They will then both lock on each other. Same thing if you ever played Zelda when you lock on an enemy. Both players would be facing each other, locked on each other until one of three things happen: one is killed, one is hit far away, or one is thrown.

2. When both players are lock on, you can move up down, left or right while punching or kicking to hit different areas of the opposing player or u can counter their hits by using the blocking key moving to their same direction. Same concept as mike tysons punch out.

3. Every time you hit the player, ki would be drained. Every time you get hit, ki would be drained. Now if someone's ki is completely drained, they then have a delayed of being tired and can't move till some of their ki is replenished. This can allow time to hit them really hard (just press the left mouse button) that would hit them far across the map, or throw them (right mouse button).

4. Now every hit made would add to your combo section that would be added on the screen. If you are hit anytime, that combo section would then be resetted. If a person can manage to hit 8 times in a row (8-hit combo) without the other opponent hitting back, that opponent would be delayed then the player can choose to hit them really hard (left mouse) or throw (right mouse).

5. Also, the punch and kick buttons can be charged to hit harder, but that would take out from the ki and you would have to dodge all the hits being thrown at you.

6. Turbo could be turned on and if both players turn on turbo, the entire turbo would cover both players the power could act as a ki shield.

7. Also, you can use teleport during the battle. If someone teleports down, they'll be at the bottom of the player and able to hit them upwards. If you teleport to the left, you can hit them from the right side. etc etc, and teleport will take out a considerable amount of ki so it can't be used over and over, but instead sparringly.

Now VOTE! Tell me if it is or not the GREATEST melee suggestion ever!

and PLEASE really think about what im suggesting

Best answers
Um.........its good but we still really should wait till we play to suggest anymore things.And that would take a awful amont of coding

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks for the feedback.. i think it's good because it's all real time, and no stun time to delay the actions.. it's also fast paced as well, and you have to have a plan what to do

Best answers
Ive heard tons of melee suggestions ... and this one ... is just awsome for once !

I mean I just want 1.2 melee to be fast paced ... if this is needed to make it soo then put it on :D

If it isnt needed then good ... less work for the esf team and less waiting for us :D

Best answers
well. i like it all except for one thing o_O

imkongkong said:
1. When both players get into a certain radius of each other, one player can challenge the other player to a melee battle while the other player confirms. They will then both lock on each other. Same thing if you ever played Zelda when you lock on an enemy. Both players would be facing each other, locked on each other until one of three things happen: one is killed, one is hit far away, or one is thrown.

I think that is stupid because you shouldnt have to challenge a player to melee and have them accept. you should be able to attack whenever you want. if they dont know how to deal with it. thats there problem. but think about it. in dragonballz, someone wouldnt go up to there oppenent and say "Is it ok if i attack you." and just go with there answer. LOL that would be dumb. i can imagine that.

Cell"Goku, you wouldnt mind if i started to attack you right?"
Goku"Yes! i would mind!"
Cell"Oh! ok, ill go ask someone else if i can attack them then"

Best answers
yeah, the first idea is pretty weird. challenges are only made by one person, the attacker.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay well then take out the idea of having to accept to duel.. just have both players lock on if they are in a certain radius if both have selected melee.. you can also hit somebody any time if both players aren't lock on thoe, like i said in the suggestion

Best answers
yeah i dont like the askin to fight them.. but overall, i think they should change it to this

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, the suggestions are 'ok' but I think it'd be better til you actually know 100% about 1.2 melee before you make suggestions about it...it said 'subject to change'

but overall the suggestions are, 'ok'.

Best answers
I like it. Cept for the challenging part. And the rapid clicking part (scripts).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now that i think about it, you can click as fast as you want but it might not make a difference.. it's jus that with the old melee system of alpha 2.0 one clikc would throw a punch or kick that would be very slow.. maybe a click of the button would b really quick.. to eliminate slow punches and kicks..

there could also be animations of different variations of punches and kicks.. like you kick towards the head 3 times in a row.. kick straight, kick from the top, knee bash to the head =D :fight:

Best answers
Mmm, don't like it. Under your system, unconsented melee, the only difference is you can throw...kinda pointess addition. Consented melee is too much like DMZ....*shudder*.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea comes across to me as a big button mash, where opponents franticly try to waste all of their ki by mashing punch and kick on each other hoping to stay alive longer than their opponent. There is more involved, but basically everyone would either smash you when you weren't looking or they'd just mash buttons when they got close enough. Furthermore it would look terrible because the models wouldn't be connected together like it is with the 1.2 system, so it would just look like two people swinging at each other to no effect.

The delay and the charging will not kill 1.2 melee. While you are stunned you will be trying to match your opponent's keystrokes every step of the way to avoid being pummeled, and while you are charging your attacks you will be trying to confuse your opponent with kicks and punches and you'll also be trying to set up special combonations (Which are not as of yet implamented) which would allow you to do extra damage with less blockability. Something like that would require speed and concentration.

1.2 melee isn't going to be boring. Even while you are getting swung at with attacks after the charging ends you are *still* charging up attacks and defending against them. Reread through those 1.2 melee threads in ESF chat if you aren't sure what I'm talking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know, a lot of the fighting games.. street fighter, budokai.... the punching and kicks.. u can bash away all you want! actually any game you can bash with buttons as much as you want.. but there are some people who actually can use them skillfully.. also the current melee... people can juss swoop over and over and over again and try to keep swooping till you hit.. same thing.. aim and hit.. but people can acttually use it skillfully. plus its' real time punching, instead of waiting because your delayed for someone to lay a combo.. also i said about charged hits to hit harder and dodging if they punch this direction or that direction.. just like in the show

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this idea simply will not happen

for one its a compleatly differnt melee than current melee and the team will not scrap every single thing to do this

secondly its compleatly unrealistic theres no way u could do this with out having bad colision detections and it would still be compleatly unfair to people with high pings

theres reasons for stun times and so on u can just say well i think melee should be exactly like dbz budokai with compleatly realtime combos and streetfighter style controlls

its simply unrealistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom