Bots game

Best answers
I wanna try and play with bots, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to start a game with those..
I downloaded the bot thingy, placed it in the ESF folder, activated it, ran the game, but since I dont have a halflife valid CD key (i do have it but at a friends house and I just really wanna see the game right now :O) I can't create a server..

Is there a way to play with bots in a 'single-playerish' way?

thx~

Best answers
what are you trying to install bots on, Steam, or HL1? You need to download esf bots, or ki bot to have bots in your game. another note: bots dont work with steam.

Best answers
They do work with steam, its just that the menu is screwed up by steam, if you read the advanced section of the ESFBOT Documentation located in your esf/esf_bot-manual/.. folder you can read how to use the bots without a menu.

The ESFBOT team is working on a temporary fix for the menu, it will be released in the upcoming weeks.

Best answers
hey eekoorn, have you actually gotten them to work with steam? i did what it said on advanced page(addbot command), but it says addbot is an unknown command. and i had the bots activated and everything...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No they have not come up with a fix yet, hopefully they can :). But I'm not sure how fast that will come, not one major bot (even for DoD) has even got their stuff working on Steam. Although atleast ESF doesn't crash on you like DoD would =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom