1.2 Melee Idea...Fatalities?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking about it, and if at some point during the combo section of advanced melee, let's say you drop a few punches and kicks and the subsequent damage brings the guys' health to really low/zero.

The guy is just going to drop dead. That kind of stinks.

A long term goal here, but...why not make it animate a nice little finishing move in that case? If the person's dead anyway, it should at least look pretty, no?

It could be random and perform itself if the conditions are met, one of said conditions being that you have a large amount of ki left.

Down the road, we could even give cooler special moves based on the ascension level that the player is at.

At Normal Form, the Finishers would be pretty basic, power-melee type stuff (Trunks' Sword, Vegeta's axe-handle smash, etc).

At SSJ Form could be when the real impressive, non-generic ones start becoming possible. Here's some examples/ideas:

Frieza: Telekinesis Gib
Buu: One of those big pink energy bombs
Vegeta: Vegetto Dropkick >:0)
Goku: Teleport + Short Range Kamehameha
Cell: Absorption
Trunks: Big Burning Attack, Sword
Krillin: A nice quick destructo disc melee
Gohan: Superfast Melee Combo

Just some random ideas to throw around. What does everyone think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not just finish a guy off with a strong attack would be exactly the same

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Way to be unimaginative Hibiki :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
At Normal Form, the Finishers would be pretty basic, power-melee type stuff (Trunks' Sword, Vegeta's axe-handle smash, etc).
its exactly what he said :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah, obviously they'd be basic, but why not go a little further with it, and eye candy it up a little?

Best answers
why didnt you put this is suggestions? This is a good idea though, although it might get a little annoying if their finishing moves take ages though.

Anyway, for Gohan's maybe he could get really angry and power up and just hit them once really hard

and you left off piccolo: he could use like arm extend or something and grab them then smash them

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I really like this idea..

Most suggestions are impossible to make, but this one is possible and it woudl be uberneed to see those finishing-off moves :eek:)

Best answers
Anyone played the DBZ games for SNES? Super Butoden? or the ones for Playstation? Ultimate Battle or Final Bout? Those Meteos owned. If it isnt too hard to make meteo type combo chains in this engine then it should be thought for future versions.

Maybe some of the maps can add on doodads that you can break through or throw/smash some1 into and the thing will collapse/break. THis way we can have some background effects.
-Example: Glasses or crates from CS where u can shoot the thing or drop right into it and it explodes/breaks to pieces/collapse.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
I really like this idea..

Most suggestions are impossible to make, but this one is possible and it woudl be uberneed to see those finishing-off moves :eek:)
People said grab+throws are impossible, but look what we did ^_^
But really, it's possible to do those types of moves.. just kinda.. er... goreish...
That reminds me, you're just like masta

Me - Hey masta, what type of FX should i code in for melee hits?
Masta - BLOODD!!!!
Me - But masta, this isnt mor...
Masta - BLOODD!!
Me - Masta, this isn't mortal combat, it's DBZ.
Masta - Who cares? BLOOD!!!!
Me - -_-

Kinda goes like that every time, we never decided to include it or not, lol.
But with the fatalities, it would be cool, but i would rather implement a lot of other stuff before that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, this idea does sound good, It would be extra lame if the opponent had low health when you start melee, and he drops dead in the middle of it. It should always finish, and it would be very cool to see some sort of finish move or fatality.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Yeah, this idea does sound good, It would be extra lame if the opponent had low health when you start melee, and he drops dead in the middle of it. It should always finish, and it would be very cool to see some sort of finish move or fatality.
True... That just gave me a good idea. How about when you die, all the hits after that make blood come out of the persons mouth? And then the last hits sends the person flying? Or something? lol, yeah.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That actually sounds cool, as long as they don't drop. :)
Or even just a "burned out" animation, and the inability to block.

*EDIT*
Also, to make that pause right before a combo look better, maybe you should add animations to the characters getting in fighting stances or something to that extent. I don't know if you're going to speed it up or what not, but the only thing that looks ugly right now is that long pause while you're queuing up your attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, leave the guy defencless, a few punches in the gut, blood out the mouth and a knock across the map, perfect way to finish them off :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe during the pause we could have the characters exchange witty anecdotes. lol

Vegeta + Gohan get into a fight

"I'm going to destroy you once and for all, you clown!"

lol

Best answers
hmm well i like the eye candy part but guys remember this is half life 1 not 2. More eye candy will come in the furture but this although being cool would make some ping problems...(the swinging of people is already pretty bad). But if this ever happens id suggest like once your done meleeing you can put both hands to a guys chest and release some ki and give him some cheap open heart surgery.

Best answers
I think it's a great Idea. It doesn't need to be a friggen 15-hit combo, kame-hame-dethball-flash blood-burster manuever. Just something to make it flow nicer visualy. Even an automatic knock-away into the ground would be sweet. (you could get character specific like PrideXIX said) Nothing totaly insane or gory, Just so it looks more stylish.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the ki blast to the chest would be great for goku. Along the lines that he does to buu.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
True... That just gave me a good idea. How about when you die, all the hits after that make blood come out of the persons mouth? And then the last hits sends the person flying? Or something? lol, yeah.
Sounds like TS ^_^ they die, but still fall slowly in slow mo :). And you'd have to like disable throwing (if they die during autopunches, hey it could happen :scared: ). Throwing dead bodies fun o_o

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me eats blood :O

Nice idea i like it, allthough it should only be extreme melee hit fatalities, like a back breaker, or a neck twister, stuff like that. There should be no beams involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom