THROW :)

Best answers
for the throwing in melee,

when u get thrown against a dirt wall or somthing that can make dust, make a cloud of dust around u after hitting it and u lose ur eye site ( in the game) for .5 seconds a white flash just like u where knocked out and u came back to ur world and it also gives the other team player to have time either to run away or charge a cannon or somthing... think of it a lil more guys n make it as real to the show as u can.

thanks for ur times :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't remember any dust being in ESF to begin with. And why would you want to be blinded by dust?

I mean, you just got tossed by another player and you try to recover off of a wall and now you're blinded because of dust?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's talking about having you crash into the wall, and destroying a little area, thus creating a large cloud of dust, you know you've all seen it on DBZ. :p I don't mind a little extra graphic thing like this, but I'm not sure it'd be good for playability. Adding too many graphical goodies on a dated engine such as this isn't a great idea.

Best answers
for my opinon thats very good idea,becuz lets say if u benig throw by some 1 else,u need to get another chance to fight him
so if a cloud of dust will be effected he wouldnt c u,and then u can run and attack from other sides.
think about it its very cool

Best answers
yea right shomy i agree!!
the dust is very nessery 4 esf but the team say its make legs so i dont know if they will listen to this:|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swoop needs to charge now ... that means you need to charge ... til you charged successfully to sw oop, the clouds where gone ... so this is just visual ...
I think visual things aren't that important in ESF ... I would recommend to care about these things in later versions

Best answers
well i just thought that when u get thrown into a damn rock u think ud be like a lil knocked out or somthing and a bit of dust for u to run.. cause it sucks u get thrown into a dirt rock and has no DIRT :p not makn sence am i? ahwell if u dont like it, it wont happen and admins are doing a good job so far :p

Best answers
but its good idea!!!
i personlly like it...
if would there any clouds u may run away from ur enmies and suprise them from other sides...(do teleport then charge a swoop,somethin like that).

Best answers
yer like u go in a cloud :) good idea but if we keep talkn to much they will close this damn i hate it when they close things :p but any way back to the topic

well it should happen :p cause its my idea heheheh and i also think that when u fall or fly into water
there should be splashes even better n caves in water and stuff it will be so much better that way

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this isn't a good idea, because the HL engine can't handle it that good ... then ESF should work more with thousands of sprites ... and this drops your fps ...

look at someone, who swoops close to the ground ... these are dusttrails ... I'm running ESf with AMDXP1500+/512MB DDR-RAM/GF2Ti ... and these lil dusttrails drop my fps from 50 to about 3 ... then the team made it optional ... they made it a CVAR called "cl_dusttrails [1/0]" ...
the HAVE to add this for your dusts (crushing wall), too ... because it would suck to have 3 fps and you got attacked then ... and if you can turn off these clouds, their meaning got useless

Best answers
god wats with the ENGINE MAKE A NEW ONE That CAN HANDLE STUFF GOD u people cant make engine

Best answers
Gohan ssj 4 said:
god wats with the ENGINE MAKE A NEW ONE That CAN HANDLE STUFF GOD u people cant make engine
lol

why dont you learn some high level C++, learn the newest optimizations for the latest vid card GPUs, then spend a couple of years actually coding the thing, and voila, you have a crap tastic graphics engine because this was your first one and you have no experience.

If it had its own gfx engine, it would be a game, not a mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ESF coders can't make the engine better ... they only COULD change to another one, what won't happen (read the stickies)
what's about this ... HL2 has a good engine (the best ever ;)) ... but their engine code got leaked (this suxx) ... what's about you search it, and try to read it ... if you're able to understand one line of the source (I think it's about a few MB in textfiles ... about a big book, or something) then tell me ...
just make your own engine and report here ... maybe then ESF will change to your engine ... we'll see in a few years ... cya

Best answers
well i dont give a **** wat u think if they can make swoop work they can make my thing work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as I said ... it's possible ... especially for our great coders ... but as I said: the dusttrails from swoop suck about 57 of my 60fps ... then your dust would suck 58 or 59 of my fps and I don't think any player would enable it (if it's choosable) ... if noone would enable it, it was just a waste of time to code it
I hope you understood me now ... btw: stop flaming or you'll get a warning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom