MaNoN's Melee Suggestions Plus More!!!

Best answers
I have been following ESF for sometime now, but never had any reason to post here until now. I Think I have found a system that will keep the vets happy without getting rid of the new melee system. OK..Here goes....

Melee

(Head On)
The Head On system should use the same ki system it does now. When two players swoop and they make contact, whoever has the most ki should start to autopunching/combos and such. I know what you all are thinking, What about howing...well you will have to bare with me for a sec k?

(Blocking)
When someone blocks a melee the attacker should start autopunching the same way as above, but they don't get stun time and the blocker can counter/evade or push them off and whatnot. Maybe you can add a quick power struggle meter to add an advantage to the player with the highest power level. (This will speed things Up a bit)

(Not-blocking)
This is the good part. When a player who is not blocking (charging/shooting a beam, standing there powering up..etc.) is hit with melee swoop/non-swoop they get knock around like 1.1. (This mixes things up a great deal and makes more sense. Someone that is hit in the back or isn't paying attention should pay for it :p)

(Mobility)
I notice that when flying with boost the speed is the same as when you run on the ground. The flying speed should be at least 3x to 5x the running speed.to balanced that the swoop speed can be reduced if needed. (This will speed the pace up considerably)

Or You can Just make it so the swoop could be used in any direction like it was a super boost or whatnot.

(HOWing)
with this system when you get HOWed you would just go through the 1.2 system and try to dodge the combo. But remember that if you can catch them off guard you will send them flying. So vets can use your 1.1 skills to get around the HOW and hit them in the back or whatnot.

(Block)
I think that the block should be limited. Block should only be used for 3-5 seconds (Unlimited for block struggle) they would then have a 1-2 seconds delay to block again) this will prevent players from standing in one spot turtling they would have to have good timing to block well.

Keep in mind that I got rid of the charging swoop in this Idea. You should just be able to keep coming at them with this system which makes it faster pace. I also think the lock-on box should be a cvar. Its useful in servers with alot of poeple but its too easy for 1 on 1 fights. So i suggest it be used from server to server. (Most of the ideas in here wouldn't be hard to put in its all already coded basically. I maybe wrong though)

So What do you think? I spent my time on these ideas so I would appreciate helpful comments please..kthx!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like your suggestions, its pretty descent, but I had
suggested the same thing as your "Blocking" suggestion.
I dont see anything wrong w/ it but when I put it up all
people were doing is going off-topic and *****ing to me
about not adding anymore "Meters".

Best answers
yeah i like it too
but i think they'll be going along those lines with some of ur ideas
as in, they'll be different situations for eg. if u swoop in the back, and things like that that would favour the skilled

Best answers
Head ons should never be decided by ki pool, never ever ever ever ever ever ever. It promotes turtling and slows the pace of the game, very boring and completely contrary to the show.

Head ons should be decided by time spent swooping, as in whoever swooped first wins the head on. There is only one way to "HOW" this, thats if when someone swoops straight at you you keep teleporting back until he stops, then start swooping at him. The problem with that is you wasted a bunch of ki teleporting, and now your combo is going to be short and when he counter-combos he is going to be knocking the piss out of you. Makes sense, promotes speed and skill, is also ping friendly. Perfect.

Best answers
I'll take your two cent and raise you 20 :p. You said it promotes turtling well think about this, in every good fighting game (ex. Street Fighter) there is a way to be defensive. It depends on the persons personality.

Anyways, HOWing should be allowed in someway, but just not abused like it is now. If someone is wasting their ki teleporting & swooping around like an idiot, they should be punished. In your *who swoops first* suggestion that makes it easy for players to just swoop straight at a target and get the hit 100% of the time. This will cause spaming of swoop and more swooping in circles. Besides the Ki system makes you pick and choose your attack with more caution. Making a player have to keep their ki at a good level, in turn makes them play more skillfully.

So, I suggest this idea instead. The player with the most ki has the priority. But, add a system where the longer you swoop the more priority you receive. (Just some quick thoughts) lets say that the plyer with the most ki has 100% priority, but when engaging in swoop you start at 60% priority it then increases by 10% every 0.5 seconds. So, in 2 seconds you are at equally priority. The player with most ki (probably the HOWer) would start to autopunch. But in 2.5 seconds the swooper wins regardless of ki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom