1.2 Suggestion

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Maybe in 1.2 (Just a suggestion) there could be ragdoll physics and blood loss (from the mouth, nose, things like that), and the amount of blood you lose could vary to the number of hits you took

Example: Vegeta vs. Goku: Vegeta starts a massive combo of punches, kick, and throws, causing blood to fly everywhere (Mastasurf would like that), and then Goku punches Vegeta like twice and a couple drops of blood fall from his lips. I just think it would be a really cool idea, and like discs would slice through you and create blood, as opposed to it hitting you and you dissapear and spawn again. I would like everybody's opinions on this. This is very important to me...

Best answers
LOL, well would be cool yet:

Release date will be extended,
it'll cause enormous LAG.
and mit'll be a hell to make...

so afterall.. i would say no.

Best answers
lol i dont know what dbz with blood will look like . damn funimation :(

Best answers
i waste all my money on mods for my car n phone bills ;/ and i aint really into dbz enough to spend money on it. altought if the esf team somehow found a way to release a retail version of esf when they finished with makign it i would buy it :D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i like the idea, but it would cause alot of lag, maybe a "on/off button" for it

Best answers
mayb just a simple blood sprite when a melee attack is charged past half way and maybe in melee combo strugles on every 4th hit or someething. lil blood sprite like when u high punch some1 in the mortal combat games. quake 3 style gore would be nice for beam deaths :D

Scruffie

S
I'm not so sure ragdoll physics can be applied to the Half-Life code... then again, I'm no coder. But still, I don't think the team is prepared to do something like that. The game won't be enhanced too much by it.

Oh, and before this post ends, I'd like to talk about the 'NOOOO IT'LL DELAY TEH RELEASE!' excuse you people are using. Jesus H. Christ of Nazareth (take that, 3rd Commandment) people, a few more weeks, maybe months, shouldn't really matter to you! Don't you have other things you could do? If you don't want to wait for ESF, boo-hoo, have a nice cry over it, just don't make them rush it, and spoil the game for us. If you want no quality right now, go play BFP.

Best answers
Ha ha, Half Life is from like... 97' . How can they ever implant ragdolls when the engine doesnt even has a particle system?

Best answers
there should be blood every where!!
Blood,Blood,And More BLoooooood.
kidding:D
its a good idea cuz it makes the game more realistic,and more fun.
if u c that u hit someone and then Blood came out of his nose,cool:).
but doesnt the Models too small to c this blood???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Introduction]
I'll explain you something about laggs
Laggs are cause by connection plroblems ... when your ping is more than 100, then the game would lag
what you're talking from is, performace/ fps drop
blood would be client, what means it wouldn't have anthing to do wiht the connection
[/Intro]

ok ... what you suggested, is almost impossible for the HL engine ... HL doesn't support changing models ... so the coders would have to do this manually ... I see 2 possibilities ...
1. making 200 models (more then 100, because most players have more than 100 HP (*2 cause of trans)) for one char with other skins and movements
this would cause that you would have to wait 3 years, just til the skins and animations are done ... the new melee system needs about 40 more animations than currently
this is too much work for just a lil visual thing ... even a damaged model (under 10 HP) would be too much to do (2 new models for every char) ... this would take additional few MBs of ESF, which isn't the best for Modem users, who try to DL the ESF installer

2. making blood a sprite ... then the coders would have to make red sprites close to the models ... this wouldn't look so good, because it would match to the models skin
it would take too much to code/ test ... it would cause fps drops like ****

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom