realistic transformations

Best answers
hey! how about giving some shaking to the transformations like it does in the show sometimes. Shaking, say you know when a huge blasts goes off after a beam struggle in esf, and the screen starts shaking violently. sort of like that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good, but mybe only once a life, cause you can transform, see the shake, detransform, transform again etc. It might cause lag as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shaking, no point in it at all. Gfx are already going to make transformations look good and cool, no need for shaking up things. :p

Best answers
ok so what things are they adding to make it better?

Best answers
none that i know of at the moment; what they could add is wind, so that people nearby know someone's transforming and can't do anything about it :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you call this more realistic ??? this only happens when Trunks transformed first time (DBZ Special) ... the others only had a few rocks flying up ... and this already is in ESF

second ... it would disturb the gameplay ... because it's a very fast game ... you die fast and after dieing you transform again immediatly ... it would just disturb, when the screen is shaking everytimes ...

Best answers
yea.. excately.. and maby its would cause fpsdecrease because of the shaking image (dunno if that would happen) and you will loose focus of your aim.. would be annoying, and point less..
if you really like the shaking effect then get a chair that can vibrate or just shake your screen while tranforming:p

Best answers
uhh you cant move while transforming or shoot so why would you need to aim?:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he suggested shaking for every player who's near to the transforming guy ... and these can move/ shoot

Best answers
perhaps it would be cooler if your FIRST transform when you FIRST go ssj for instance was visually/auditorily flashy to the person transforming. the shaking and things could take place on your screen, and could be sprites so you could toggle it on off for performance reasons...could be all client side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone would turn it off
why make it flashy when it can look normal ?!?!?!?
you can already lower/ increase the transfomation FX ...
cl_fxquality [0/1/2/3]
make it to 3 and transform again (look your fps during it) ... HL isn't the best anymore for adding so much in visual things ... HL can't handle these things well ... then it would drop your FPS alot ... you can see it, if you compare your FPS in ESF with any other mod ... I think ESF it the best looking mod for HL

if anyone would make this server side, he isn't a mod coder

Best answers
lol mine hardly ever lags so i dont see why they couldnt add anything flashy and put it as an option.

Best answers
stiffdog said:
lol mine hardly ever lags so i dont see why they couldnt add anything flashy and put it as an option.
/me patpats his tower

Yeah, this thing doesnt lag =]

The only reason i could see for not putting it in as an option is that it would require a lot of extra work. perhaps an option for 3rd party transform anims could be put in, or perhaps 3rd party animsfor most anything. This would allow people who play it to "Mod the Mod" so to speak =]

-PigmonkeY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom