Howing.. or not?

Best answers
i really can't see why people get so mad if a person keep doing a head-on and wait untill you attack.. i don't cause i cant take waiting.. but its a part of the game and im sick of people if you do it just once to a person that does it all the time.. then he just keep sayin lamer and how.. i dont get it.. why dont people just shut up and fight?!?. when i play against a guy that are doing that kind of things i just use teleport much, the most guyes that do the "how-thing" isent really fast with their tele-techniques so i dont care if a person does that, of cause its annoying but thats a part of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Learn HOW to get around it and you'll be set -_-.

Best answers
People saying things like "NO MELLEEE!!!!111!!111111!!!!" annoy the SHlT out of me. If you dont like it dont play the game.

Best answers
i dont get it, som random noob came and said in one server 'U HOWER111111111' and now te wole friken comutys usin te how term :/ nooblets thease days :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i always have people arguing about the way i play, its annoying, but 100% un-effective. let them cry all they want, people always want things their way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe Halorin invented the term HOW. Give credit where credits' due.

Also, I don't recall him just making it up arbitrarily, if I remember correctly.

Best answers
These words will be there aways no matter what game it is. It was the disk in alpha, and ping in beta. Now HOW in beta 1.1 It is a term used to piss you off so the other guy has the better of you. :\

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is most amusing is that the people defending it in this thread are members of Ape.. *snicker*

On a more serious note, there are ways to counter everything--LSM, HOWing, whatever you come across. While some things may be cheaper, or more difficult to counter, there are ways, which is why the truly skilled fighters always rise to the top.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOW about you guys just play the game and not whine so much. Heh, pun intended. :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Funniest thing is, whenever you fight a 'hower', and headon just once, your the 'omfg hower!!!111!!!!!'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or if you completly destroy them your a hacker

laff

Best answers
MyStiX said:
i wish people would take that advice. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Im tired of ppl not making it not fun..Just becuz we use the ki system that was set in 1.1 and for ppl to get pissed at us then all i can say is...shut up. Cuz no matter what the term is IM still gonna use it. You may call me the HOWING Whore for all i care. But ya know what? Names to me, mean NOTHING! Im still gonna play it not matter what..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you wana play like that its your own choice... just know that most of the time it is easily beaten....

Best answers
alrighty Pain. But im there to play to have fun. Not try and beat the other person and say haha i beat you... :S

Best answers
off topic: what are hower? (n00b question)

on topic:iv been called hacker just for spirit bombin them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how = head on whore

its a technique most commonly used by those that cannot pull off any other type of hit. most of the time is easily avoidable and counterable.

i dont see why people continue to do it, it gets pretty boring waiting for your opponent. get into the fray and dont wait, more fun.

Best answers
I dont wait for my opponent. Im what they call an Advance Hower. I dont wait i move n what not then i catch you with your pants down and hit you in da face. Thats me.

Best answers
It's an issue of balance. Why should the guy who sits on his ass have the advantage? Why should the guy who risks so little have such a huge advantage, while the guy using ki is basically killing himself. That promotes turtling in an action game, and is very contrary to the show. Say whatever you want about what the game is now, the fact remains a game mechanic like this does not belong in ESF, and anyone who relies solely on this tactic falls squarely in the category of "l337 d3wd".

I have actually seen two HOWers go at it before. All they did was circle each other; no beams, no teles, nothing. Just circling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom