Melee System Idea (Yeah, another one)

Best answers
Alright, as you all may know of, there has been a constant flow of ideas fed through the forum about the speed of the new melee system. I have an idea, simple n' unique. Okay, for the combo system, what if with more power that you gain, you can achieve them faster. The blocker, being a lower powerlevel would average out the speed the attack block movement icons come to the his screen. So, little Jimmy has 750,000 power, and SuperSaiyan Bob Dole has 50,000,000, obviously if the other player with the lower powerlevel is an expert at Nintendo he would be able to move his fingers fast enough to dodge the normal speed. All in all, if you have more powerlevel you should attack faster, plus, I think it wouldn't look to shabby, ALSO, when you reach close to 500,000,000 you gib mostly anyone on the first hit in a normal swoop. This only applies to the combo system, nothing else.

(Yeah, I know I overshot the suggestion forum, but hear me out.)

-Some Unknown Guy with Grammar. =)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So the saiyans should always have the advantage in melee? The guy who sits in the corner and beam spams, and has a higher power level than the rest of the server, deserves the melee advantage because he hides and doesn't die? When two people at 500,000,000 PL try to fight each other they always get killed on the first hit?

Power level determining everything in the game sounds good at first, but it would get old really fast. People would never pick any characters who werent saiyans because they'd lose out in beam struggles and in hand to hand combat.

The system as it is the way it is now looks fine. Different characters may get special moves as time goes on to seperate them from one another but PL should determined nothing more than damage, which is just how it is.

Best answers
Okay, apparently you don't understand, I was using a SuperSaiyan as an example. Hell, Frieza could have that much power, and as always the server evens out the power, if you do not select this option you're a fool anyway. As I was saying, once you get to 500,000,000, most of the other players in the server will have 450,000,000 or higher, or SHOULD have, since hitting someone with that kind of power modifies yours by at least 2,000,000 for ever KI Blast. What I am justifying is, it would make THAT much of a difference in the combat system. It's worth it, don't bring anything up about beam spamming, that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Besides, if you're a weakling and hit someone with 900 large it wont hurt them, with a swoop anyway. This will probably be changed in the beta, however. All in all, doing the some combo someone could easily block is just.. lame? The system is AMAZING, it just needs work, believe me, I mean not to flame. Just a little fire in it would be a little better, in variety as well as competition between players, skill building too. Could be the new speed-trend in ESF. Adding onto my point, if both players are equal in power the attacks will be slower, and on the skill level of Nintendo boy, however the animations will be shown as attacking superfast. They will only ATTACK faster physically if the victim fighting the one with TONS of power tries to combo him, I mean comon. Krillin verses SSJ Vegeta, who would win, let's be obvious here. The game keeps it's popularity in similarity, people are a fan of the SHOW not the the attacks or a combo system, or some blonde haired childlike sounding man with golden hair and blue eyes, blondes over brunette. And frankly, they attack extremely fast in the show, now, let's not be hasty. It's just an idea, remember? How would you feel if you worked 4 hours for that power to be beat by some schmuck with an extremely low powerlevel.

Best answers
you use grammer but you don't make PARAGRAPHS! I mean ahhhhhH! am not reading that! lol

anyway are you saying that at a lower pl, the directions that appear on the defenders screen would be displayed at a faster rate?

Best answers
Yes, if the target has a lower PL then the attacker, the defend icons move at a much faster rate depending on the average the attacker has over the defender.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MOre lengthy the combo bar grows with more powerlevel.. thats how it should be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom