Yes ANOTHER melee sugestion

Best answers
now in advace (as always) im gonna say sorry to any1 who has poasted this as i did not read ALL the poast on advanced melee bu as many ppl can understand u could spend weeeeeeks reading poast and still not find what there looking 4 but to the task at hand:

in the majority of threads iv read theres always been a question like "will there b a command 4 1.1 melee?" and i know the answer is yes and heres where my suggestion starts... how bout have BOTH. it could b like u swoop and if u do the hole "hold the button thing u do just a normal attack.... but if ya hold something like say forward (w) or something (havent quite worked it out as of yet) u would go into the hole autopunching combo or throw sequence......

i like 1.1 melee (although i know it needs a lil tweaking) and im also VERY excited about the new melee system and cant wait to learn more but i dont wanna have to put in a command to switch between the two and i think it will add a lil diversity to the fighting......

ohh and on the subject of swooping instead of having to charge up to a point how bout the more u charge the further u go (no i know that soulds a like whats already planed but what im thinkin is a lil different) forinstance u press and hold the button 4 like half a sec u swoop a very short distance but hold it a lil longer and u go a lil further. so like instead of having to just sit there charging (assuming charging the bar takes more than a second to charge) u can use a sort burst to evade and not have to hold the button tooo long.

So now that thats all said and done what do u think??????

Best answers
the command isnt for each individual to choose what type of melee they use, its a server side command which chooses what style every1 in the server uses.
i think it allready is the longer u hold the charge of the swoop the further u will swoop.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rikku-boy said:
shuddent this be in suggestion
Rikku you are not a moderator. As such is the case, this is spam.

As per the suggestion at hand: I like the idea of making it an option just for the sake of variety. You could make it a third melee cvar and have some fun with it (although you'd need to slightly reduce the 1.1 smash damage). Unfortunately this would only split servers into three seperate melee divisions down from two. With two popular forms of melee floating around people are bound to run into the problem of finding a decent server that uses their melee style of choice. If you expand this into three seperate melee options you're just asking for trouble. People wouldn't know what to expect after they joined a server unless they got smashed or combos, or some combonation of the two.

I think it would be a fun addition to 1.3 but as for 1.2 let's see how people react to the polished melee system before we mix it together with something older and more nostalgic.

Os

Best answers
what do you mean by command wouldnt be just like when your cell

you just push the same number and you get different beams couldnt

they just do the same for melee?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why dontcha wait for 1.2????
And see how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom