smokey power up stuff

Best answers
I have 2 questions:

:confused: 1:You know when you power up and that smoke like stuff appears arround you? What file(.spr, .mdl ect.) has to do with that?

:confused: 2: There is also a sprite called power up that i realized is usually transparent. The problem is no matter what you do to that sprite, it always makes an ugly sphere! :(

So, im thinking that if i edit the smoke-like thing, it wouldn't make a sphere.

Can you please tell me wat the name of the file is for question 1? and if theres a better way to make powering up not be a sphere always. Im trying to make a sort of lighting affect, or a spikey aura. Thanks in advance! :D

Best answers
Don't know but nice Idea. I agree that some animations should be spiced up a bit

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
demonfire said:
I have 2 questions:

:confused: 1:You know when you power up and that smoke like stuff appears arround you? What file(.spr, .mdl ect.) has to do with that?

:confused: 2: There is also a sprite called power up that i realized is usually transparent. The problem is no matter what you do to that sprite, it always makes an ugly sphere! :(

So, im thinking that if i edit the smoke-like thing, it wouldn't make a sphere.

Can you please tell me wat the name of the file is for question 1? and if theres a better way to make powering up not be a sphere always. Im trying to make a sort of lighting affect, or a spikey aura. Thanks in advance! :D
1) dust1.spr and dust2.spr

2) That sphere is stored in "models/powerupaura.wrl" Milkshape should beable to import / export wrl models...

Have fun and good luck ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
On This Topic

See Demon Fire's Sig Can U Get The Power Up To Do That?

Anyone Gonna Answer?

Best answers
Im sorry, i must have worded it wrong! Im talking about the steam-like stuff that rises fromt the ground up, not the dusttrails. Ya know what im talking about, the grainy evaporation-like sprite when powering up. For example, when you power up in the sky while flying, you see that stuff, not the dust that surrounds you when swooping! Please, i beg of you! Tell me what the file name for that sprite is, NOT DUST1.SPR OR DUST2.SPR! I just cant figure out which one it is!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No I Mean Can U Get The energy To Do That When You Power Up I'M Not Talking About Dust Either i mean when u click the button to raise ur ki but what steam like stuff the little balls the like go up thats what i want changed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JoeJustJoe said:
No I Mean Can U Get The energy To Do That When You Power Up I'M Not Talking About Dust Either i mean when u click the button to raise ur ki but what steam like stuff the little balls the like go up thats what i want changed
This has been suggested in the past, and i can't exactly remember the answer but it was something like -
a.) It would be too hard to make - or
b.) Isn't possible to do on the halflife engine

Besides, the aura has been immensly improved for the next beta (1.2) so just wait for it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
NOT ARURA!!!!!JEEEEEEEJ POWERUP STUFF THE LITTLE WHITE OR YELLOW DOTS AROUND U

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, do you mean flare.spr?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
dunno what i mean maybe when you press ur powerup key the stuff thats around u really don't know what alot of stuff means :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom