CD-Key help

Best answers
Hi this sounds stupid, but anyway i want to play ESF on the net, but it says that the CD-key is not valid, i realised that i could've entered the wrong CD key when i installed half-life (ages ago) is there any way i could change the CD-key without having to :

1) find my CD in my closet / hunt down CD-Key
2) Un-install half-life
3) download update while installing half-life
4) possibly re-installing ESF

any alternatives (keeping in mind i have a authentic CD-Key) i just need a way to alter my CD key without having to do the above?

sorry i should go the the HL site and ask this, but i thought i might find answers here o_o

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it may be inconvenient, but I'd just reinstall HL, but backup my ESF directory on the side. It's probably the easiest/most practical way out of your dilemma.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Changing your cdkey in halflife is rediculously simple.

Open regedit (Start > Run > regedit)

Click through the registry until you get to this area

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Half-Life\Settings

Then on the right there will be a key named "Key" double click that and you can edit your cdkey (No dashes or spaces)

Best answers
Many thanks for the fast advice, im at work right now, i'll try it when i get home tonight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How did ya play all this time without a cd key?

Best answers
i guess he don't play that much on the net.. cause he said that he would play on the net.. i just say i play esf.. :p ovious i play on the net cause i got free accese 24/7.. but just a wild guess =P

Best answers
I've only been playing ESF for about 3-4weeks, and i only played CS at internet cafe's i have been [playing it on LAN with my mates, so naope i havent ben playing ESF or CS on the net

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have onlyplayed once on the net it was with red alert 2.

I would like to cream you all but I can't seem to get 1.1.1.0 or whatever to work so there.

Best answers
man for someone who hasnt played online u sound awful convinced that ur gonna whop us all into shape, man id love to see u vs groovy or any of da current or ex ape peps. :devgrin: your characters face will look like mine after i played one of me's ultimate bots :fight:

Also the reg edit option is prob the easiest way to change ya cd-key, just remember NOT to touch ne of the other values anywhere else in there unless u know what ya doing, otherwise u could really screw up some programs in ya computer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a joke!
Why you sound so scared?

-=Real_Dog=- Did ya get it to work I wanna know?

Best answers
send the rest to my pm but im sure that most people who have played ape members will agree that they are very very very good and will grind most other players into the ground.

think krillen vs buu. actually go and search for groovys demo he made a while ago between him and the ape leader. that will explain all.

Best answers
Grrr, it worked but now it's saying that it is not a valid CD key, that sucks i havent given it to anyone!! man it was authentic as well, *throws mouse out the window!!* thanks for the advice anyway, it was good advice and it worked unlike my CD key

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom