Beam Jumping

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, well when your falling out of the sky and you shoot a beam straight down the beam shoots from where the players hand is at the current time, and the player keeps going down, so they fall ahead of the beam, and sometimes hit the floor before the beam does. It looks kinda like this

:- = player

| = Beam

O = beam head

:- | = shot the beam

I really tried to make it as clear as i could.

Basically i wondered if it would be possible to keep the beam actually under your hands the whole time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be much to code and it would lagg ... because you would have to remove the sprites and put them again ... and this all the time
I think it would be ok, but it's too much to do ... sry

additional ... what's if you're not aiming at the ground ??? what's if you're shooting horizontally and falling down ???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i thought about that aswell. Guess its kind of a bad idea, ah well. Thanks for your reply Nretep.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
"what's if you're shooting horizontally and falling down"
then its even worse but I see your point in this one!
but instead of having the beam in the player's hand the whole time of falling+aiming at ground
the beam could be as fast as the speed of the player's fall to the ground

but I dont mean by this to make this copare to the gravity CVAR, - not as a variable - but as a none variable thing
=wont change by Gravity changing
just make it fast as the Default falling by default gravity
and just for the sake of making ESF MORE DBZLIKE!
beam are faster then the speed of G-Force ( and I dont mean the Graphic Card , lol)
so at least to make it as fast as falling

anyway I heard that Jump Beams is to be disabled in forther betas!
(cause jumping off a player - y this is unbalencing the game if all models can do it so no unbalenced!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I brought this up a long time ago, Don't remember what the outcome was, but it would be nice to see the team respond on this one. This is one of the only those small bugs that annoy me..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
eerrmm...
we (all of us) are not part of the ESF TEAM
and Nretep is just a Moderator - whomp gives good ideas to the team
this is as muc has I knowb

all that needs to be done is the beam's speed - much more!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first: I'm not just a mod !!! ... I'm not even a mod in this section ... /me gets annoyed because noone knows him

Beamjumping won't be deleted ... it's just deleted if you try beamjumping on players ... because then they can't block it ... it'll only work with terrain (and skyboxes) anymore

the beamhead falling with same sped as you ... eh .. this would look equal if you were aiming to the ground

during your falling, you aim at a different place on a wall ... so the beam will change its direction, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom