THE MOST FLUID PLAY SYSTEM IDEA

Best answers
I think that the new melee system will slow the game too much (it's already too slow, if you ask me).

that's why i'm suggesting this:

Make the melee a hold down button to make the game more fluid, because in the heat of battle you don't have time to quickly change between weapons.

Let's say while holding down melee your character puts his torso in a martial stance (like while swooping on an enemy in the series), and the primary acts as punch and secondary as kick.

Holding down the prim. or sec. charges up an attack. So while quickly clicking he does a flurry of punches, or kicks and when releasing after holding (not more than the generic beam) he blows him away, just like in the prevoios versions.

Im aiming on an ONI style melee combat.

So, i suggest removing melee as a weapon. So how would you do swooping?

Simple. Swooping is just flying with torbo (ok,maybe a bit faster), so i would simply make it like this:

While in turbo (which should give a bigger speed increase) you fly towards the enemy, you hold down the melee button and charge it. When you get in melee range
you release melee, and the character blows him away (with more damage and blow away speed than when you were just simply standing next to him)

If you land him a couple of good kicks or punches (or a simple kick/punch combo) he would become stunned with time proportional to the amount of damage inflicted.

I would also make the opponent blow away in the direction you were aiming.

And finally, I suggest to all of you who haven't played the Bid for Power mod to play it, because it has great speed balance, and a couple of good ideas worth stealing;)

Best answers
DMZ is going Oni combat style anyways. I don't know there new site, so I couldn't tell you the link. But no, I love how the new melee system will be, anything besides the current will make me happy.

Best answers
i tried DMZ. No, it's not as nearly as good as ESF or EBFP

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is this system supposed to be faster than 1.2 melee? 1.2 melee is really fast paced if you choose to play it like that. Just jam out a confusing array of weak attacks, or don't give yourself as much charge time (click primary fire early during the automatic punches to reduce charge time available) so as to give your opponent less time to react to your attacks. It's up to you.

Or even better you can just throw them into something, or teleport away and cancel out the whole thing and start a beam fight.

Guys.. play 1.2 before you suggest a million new systems. C'mon now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
making punch and kicks on mouse keys every lil scripter you beat you up ...
there's a reason for the team to stay different for DMZ ... noone should compare these mods, because their gameplay it completely different

you already suggested this in another thread, didn't you ???

as SonicBoyster already said (just copied from me ;))
don't suggest anything for AdvMelee in Beta1.2 ... you don't know how it works ... you don't know what will be in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom