another teleport idea

Do you like this suggestion?

• YEAH! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT IN ESF!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's pretty cool, I like it.

• Hmmm....it's ok, don't have to add this, though.

• BLEH! I HATE IT! WHY SHOULD IT BE IN ESF?!

• I didn't feel like reading the entire suggestion, I'm lazy...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
well, I know by now that these suggestions here won't really get in the game, but just to share some of my thoughts:
you'll have to press and hold a button to do this and it will cost quite a lot of ki
you'll be able to hold it for, let's say, 5 seconds
when you press the button, you'll just turn (almost) invisible, and maybe leave a nice teleport sprite behind
you can do exactly the same as normal, you will be 1.5x as fast as normal, you CAN be attacked, and will become 100% visible when you're attacked, you just can't attack, transform, go into turbo mode or hold a dragonball
the higher the PL of your enemies are, the better they can see you,
if you have a MUCH higher PL, they won't be able to see you at all
if you have a slightly higher PL, they will see tiny transparent flashes of you sometimes
if your PL is about the same, they will see flashes of you more often, NOT transparent this time
if you have a (much) lower PL, they will see you all the time, but a bit transparent
in any way, you will be visible on the radar
I know this isn't like in DBZ, but it's the best way to make it good gameplay, I think
the higher PL can often see the lower PL ppl while they're teleporting in DBZ and punch them out of it
wouldn't it be cool to teleport away and hitting someone from behind, suddenly, 5 seconds later?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as you already said ... it never happend in DBZ ... so it's not a good idea to add this ... ESF is still a DBZ mod

this would also need much time to code ... I dunno if HL engine would like it ... it would cause more laggs and fps drops

this is a nice suggestion ... but I don want to see it in esf ... because there's no reason ... and being attacked by an invisible high pl guy wouldn't be funny either
to make the stronger guy stronger, is never a good suggestion ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think you did the Flashing thing upsidedown(downsideup?)
by yours - the weaker I am the more is the chance that I'll see you? bah!
it should be exactly different...

"""I know it's almost impossible to code, but the ESF coders are really talented
so plz think about this suggestion, wouldn't it be cool to teleport away and hitting someone from behind, suddenly, 5 seconds later?"""
impossible to code - probably ment for the part above that paragraph!

about that thing to tele behind some1 - already suggested not long ago -
means - it wont require any skillz with the tele as it is now for comboes...
my vote is 3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy it does happen in dbz, quite often.

when goku and piccolo are training for the androids, goku seemingly disapears. piccolo takes a swing at nothing and manages to scrape goku, who appears out of nowhere.

the other-world tournament goku and the fat dinosaur thing. the fat dinosaur seemingly disapears and goku kicks at nothing, and hits the fat dino.

im not sure this will actualy be FAIR in-game. but it may be a nice little trick to have. and it did happen in dbz.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im not sure this will actualy be FAIR in-game. but it may be a nice little trick to have. and it did happen in dbz.
agreed

Also making players transparent is very easy todo :)

Best answers
well, you will know, as a programmer :)
can't there be made a small add-on for things like this?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think that if this actio... attac..... THING will be added it should take tons of KI
(and also each character should have more ki at starting
+means that trans will take place after the KI needed now ETC...)

and there should also be another thingy added - consatration - so you can discover hidden stuff and stuffs.

this is just my IMO thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this would be so insanely useless its beyond comprehension

if u make teleport a simple invisiblity move u compleatly take away any use it has..

doing this would make it compleatly impossible to teleport away from a beam or to get out of the way of anything at all not to mention u couldnt teleport ahead of someone u tossed and smack them down

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol,!!!!
I just understood that invisible thing!!!!!
you all (including you Hibiki) didnt noticed it but he actually meant for the teleport after effects that was posted in ESFORCES.COM about a month ago!!!!!!

maybe just because of my comfidence Im wrong but wattaheck.

and so I am saying that after teleporting=being invisible=already in ESF 1.2!!!

about other stuff of invisibilty - this is another thing to do.............

Best answers
well, I meant it to be beside the original teleport
sometimes in dbz some1 teleports away and appears at the same moment somewhere else (original teleport)
and sometimes some1 teleports and shows up a few seconds later at a spot not that far away (my suggestion)
here it's also that some1 is gone for a second or so and the enemy punches at nothing and hits the disappeared guy
I know it wasn't with invisibility and all, but that's the best way to make it playable

Best answers
I know exactly what you are talking about because it did occur quite frequently in DBZ, but I think its a little complicated. They should just stick with the teleport after images, but when someone swoops and attacks, instead of passing right through the image and continuing to swoop, their attack would be executed as if there was actually someone there, causing them to miss. This would mimic the effect of Goku and Cell missing each other's after images during cell's tournament and shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom