• It's great, I like it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It looks interesting.

• Your idea is stupid!

• Total voters
Best answers
Ok, I did something cool. ESF with Steam? YES! It is posible with some coding (that I don't know hehe). Ok, if the ESF will like this, maybe they will make a version of ESF for steam! And if there is somebody that knows c++ etc, I whana speak to him adn if we are allow we will make a version of ESF 1.1 beta to work with steam (www.steampowered.com). So you don't belive me :S huh... Then look for yourself:
-Taskbar:

-Games bar

-New icon I've made

-In STEAM:

-In game

I don't whant the ESF team to get mad at me. If you(esf team, moderators)THE GODS around here don't like my idea - It's ONLY an IDEA I didn't gave this to anyone besids me, I only am showing this now) don't like it I will not contiune, or if you will like it you probably continue the work. So don't ban me please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow.. how did you get the wallpaper thingy in there? and i love that icon

Best answers
The wallpaper. Well I think a big part of you know how to change the background in half-life 1.1.1.0 (esf 1.1). It's pretty simple if you know. For the latest version of hl, including all mods, with photoshop you must make it in 12 parts, with exact sizes (I ain't starting to explain all now :D) and you put it on a folder. That's for short how you make it.

P.S: Tommorow, as I hard, the new version of half-life is a bit more graphical, this means the graphics are a litlle better (the textures). I will try to see if it's true, and if it is, I will make the maps to look a litlle better, changing only the textures to higher graphics. And I won't give nothing to anybody unless somebody from ESF team sais I am allowed.

Best answers
I thought you could already play ESF with STEAM. Am I wrong? I recall seeing many threads people made saying they got the STEAM version of ESF, and they were having problems with their controls. Am I missing something? Please explain..

Best answers
I didn't heard that ESF Was compatibale with Steam. Anyways, this is 100% made by me.
----------------------------
After I made some deep searches on the FORUM, I saw that a few threads were made about esf with stam, but nobody acutually got it to work. Well I did it, but it's not perfect, the ingame part really sukcs. IF THERE IS SOMEBODY THAT CAN HELP OR EXPLAIN ME ON HOW TO MODIFY THE DLL I CAN MAKE IT!
------------------------------
Added in game pic of esf_Kami (this should be changed to esf_lookout cause in dbz Dende was there 2)

Best answers
MyStiX if it was, why didn'y anybody get it to work? It isn't compatibale! The game dll must be changed (updated to the new version of half-life). I did a litlle trick to get it in the game, but I can't play, I can just walk around and around through the map....

Force Pit Member
Best answers
CS-LAND said:
MyStiX if it was, why didn'y anybody get it to work? It isn't compatibale! The game dll must be changed (updated to the new version of half-life). I did a litlle trick to get it in the game, but I can't play, I can just walk around and around through the map....

Uh, dude...People have been playing ESF on Steam for sometime now, and with few or no problems, including myself as well as my whole clan....

CS-Land:
I wasnt trying to be rude but am merely pointing out that ESF works fine with steam. I think the work you have done is very nice none the less. Yes, we all make mistakes and its no big deal, i just found it funny thats all.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't know what this fool is talking about. ESF worked on Steam right off the bat, for me.

Custom models, sounds, maps, everything. It copied it all to the steam folder automatically.

Best answers
Ok Ok! So I searched for "Steam" with the search option but it didn't find anything. If people make mistakes that don't makes them "Fools" Alea. I just wanted to help, okay? If I founded that thread at the search option I would probably post all of this there. I am human you know, like all of you, I am no saiyan, and as a human I make mystakes.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shadowsaiyan17 said:
What is steam?

:shocked: omgoodness! You need to keep up with the local gossip, steam is a replacement for WON.

Best answers
A litlle something:
To be sure that your key binds won't drop (I saw that bug) make config.cfg read-only.
Tommorow I will post everithing I know, including how to change the background and I will try to figure out what's with the binds.

Best answers
*Sigh*

Dont flatter yourself...I and many others got ESF working perfect with steam...

Best answers
I got ESF to work with Steam with no problems.
But teh Wallpaper and Icon would be nice, please post it up.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, owing to the fact that there is another thread on this, and the little bit o' flaming and spam, I'm going to close this down. I think we've seen enough steam threads for the time being...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom