Question: Can STEAM+WON Co-exist?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, here's the deal. I want to update to Steam. But if it screws up really badly...I don't want to lose the capability to roll back to using WON.net on the regular HL version. I have good cable so I'm not worried about the download times, but I need to know--is there a way I can make BOTH exist on my single system WITHOUT doing a double HL install? If not, can I use XP's System Restore point to go back to before it was gone? Someone get back to me, with any info you can. Thanks in advance!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...just leave Half Life intact when you install Steam. It gives you that option. You don't have to delete half life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, WON doesn't give their service for free, same with Steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I have a new problem now--the damn thing won't lock on for melee in ANY steam server. They tell me it's an ESF/Steam conflict. There's nothing I can do?

Does that mean when WON goes down, I can't play ESF anymore...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I can't seem to join a friends listen server server, it is always like timed out and stuff. He turned sv_lan to 0 and used -nomaster but I still couldn't connect. It has some good features, just the bugs outweight it at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom