bit torrent

Best answers
Has the ESF dev team considered using Bit torrent to host the next version of ESF. Since the download can be spread over many clients it would save on the amount of bandwidth that they would have to provide and bit torrent allows downloads to resume if they get interupted, good for people with 56k modems.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Bolteh2

B
bit torrent is highly unstable and the speed is reaaaaaaaaaaaly slow (2kb/sec with like peaks of 10kb/sec, lets downlaod 100 meg, JEEEEEEJ)

Best answers
hmmm unstable? im using it right now to download steam (723MB) so far i have DL 75% at a stable 40Kib/sec. Maybe you have been using an older version.

but the main reason why i suggested bit torrent is for the bandwidth saving for the team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on who is uploading with you.. I can get average files at 30kb, I get most Naruto episodes at 150+kb

Just need to find the right torrent

I say this is a bad idea because nobody is going to leave their torrent open for weeks and weeks after they are done downloading it

Best answers
and i would also like to point out that a direct download can also be made avalible for people who, ether cant or dont want to download bit torrent. But i always have better luck getting files through bit torrent then a direct download.

Best answers
I think its a great idea, but the community here is to immature to work something that would be so much more logical to do.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bittorrent is nice, i use it to download all my un-licensed anime... I guess it would be a nice idea, along with the usual mirrors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bittorrent owns when it comes to downloading anime.. thx joe for introducing meee :rolleyes:

Best answers
ugh, I suppose we could use bit torrent... but im not gonna use it, every single bit torrent connection I have made, I download at 1k a second on my little 56k modem. I rather use links. Because then I can use Download accelerator to help me with resuming the download.

Best answers
It couldn't hurt to have the option, but I'd rather wait 20 minutes to download at 150k than wait no time at all to download at 40. But that's just me. The more the merrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom