Steam Keyboard Problem Fixed!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it is not very hard to fix. It basically is that Steam doesn't understand what heading to put these things under (atleast thats what I think). Anyways, to fix it, just add these lines into your kb_acts in your gfx/shell (copy and paste if you will):

"blank" "=============================="
"blank" "Controls"
"blank" "=============================="

**NOTE**
You need to put tabs in between the blank and the ='s so that they line up with the other "columns" in your kb_acts file. That worked for me, so just try it and see :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or you could just copy and paste your old esf config folder

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That didn't work for me, or do you mean having your controls work. If you do this, when you go to Keyboard under options it should show up.

Best answers
I AM VERRY MAD! ;(
This was discovered by me, not by you and I have proof!
You posted this message on 10-16-2003, 05:59 AM forum time in the ESF Steam Pack V1.0 thread:
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Sure I'll download it, but I want to fix that keyboard bug too
Now, I wrote this in the ESF Steam Pack V1.0 on 10-18-2003,, 05:45 PM forum time:
CS-LAND said:
!!!!!!!NEW NEW NEW!!!!!!!!
I managed to fix the Keyboard options bug (they weren't displaying!). Look for yourselfs:

NOTE: THIS WILL BE AVALIBALE IN V2.0
If you had posted this BEFORE I wrote that, I would belive that you managed to fix the problem, and I would be gratefull cause you solved the problem. Also I would gave you credit in the next release of the pack if it happend that way.
You should at least gimme credit.
Anyways, I will release the v2.0 version tommorow and I hope other people don't start to get the credit for themselfs (this does not include only me and my pack).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't even read that... so I should give you credit for something I did! I did download your pack but that DID NOT fix the problem, so I went looking in kb_acts, config etc. I don't want this to be a flaming war, so just PM me if you want to talk to me about it.

*EDIT*
I just read the thread again and when I downloaded the pack you were still looking for how to do that after I posted, so that doesn't make sense that you know I downloaded it. Secondly, I gave a reason why it was not fixed, I didn't just randomly say I did it, I gave a reason why it probably didn't work, and how I fixed it.
*EDIT*

*EDIT2*
I looked at your thread again. And OMFG it doesn't even say how you fixed it...

CS-LAND said:
!!!!!!!NEW NEW NEW!!!!!!!!
I managed to fix the Keyboard options bug (they weren't displaying!). Look for yourselfs:

NOTE: THIS WILL BE AVALIBALE IN V2.0
-------------------------
DBZkickass. Well, here are some things I have to say about your post:
1. This isn't a bug made by my pack. It was there before the pack was installed . And in next version I whant to fix that "steam" bug. But I don't know in wich file to look..
2. Um, that's also not from my pack. But for me those 2 things are working.. don't know why they aren't fot you.
And about the icon.. me and all steampowered forums site tryed to figur it out.. with no success until now .
It just says it will be in version 2. So you are saying, I magically read your mind and looked through it for how to make the controls appear and then I fixed it. Exacly the way you did. I would like to think I have powers like that but I don't :p.

Oh and another thing, whats wrong with letting the people know how to do this. They will want to do it for other mods too.

To get the background working - [url="http://www.thewavelength.net]here[/url]
*EDIT2*

Best answers
Well, of course tha pack didn't fixed it. How many times do I have to say that it will tommorow, when V2.0 is released? I won't start now to fix V1.0! "so I should give you credit for something I did!", where is the credit?
I don't know about the reading stuff, there are TO MANY Coincidents, you posted this after I said that on the esf steam pack thread.
Anyways, I won't start a WAR with you, cause a mod can punish me and you and I won't whant that just because of.... never mind :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply:

A) You didn't know how to fix the keyboard until after I posted
B) You didn't say how you did it so I can't copy you
C) I don't want credit, I just wanted to help people out

Those are reasons, that "TO MANY Coincidents" is just plain you overreacting. Oh and I didn't read your thread before the edit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom