Forum Suggestion (Avatars)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is the avatar size limit at 10kb, but the 'profile picture' (whatever that's for) is 60kb? I suggest increasing the avatar size to at least 30kb. It's not that much to ask really, it's not like it will clog someone's bandwith when most people have 200+kb signatures to begin with. This is the only forum I go to with a such a low limit and as a result I have to make most of my avatars below-average. It would be nice if one of the admins would reply to this.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's just been that way for a loooong while. But yea, increasing to 20 or 30 kb wouldn't hurt.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It used to be waaay larger, but people found loopholes in the software that allowed them to load avatars in the MB range. I'll look into it later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool beans.

Btw your sig quote cracked me up

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
a green morpheus witha lightsabre fighting and dying the good fight against spam..i can see the humor...=þ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba's quote is teh suck. :p

Anyway, I agree. 30kb for an avatar us just fine with me. It's not going to hurt anyone... or is it? o_O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i guess the avas could be taller but not wider the posts are barely long enough as it is sorta

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No more biggness D:
kb is fine with meh but not pixels

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hey deverz ur sig is wierd ,,, that girl on the left always has her mouth open like that ...its so dark inside of her mouth....its freaky like she was from The Ring or something (has nice breasts though)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't double post, and don't do it to comment on tits, we have an edit button for such occasions.

Now, back on topic.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
my bad i forgot about the edit button for that split second ...wont happen again

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=31439 <-- hmmm ... looks like exactly this has been suggested before ... did it change ??? no

calculate a lil bit ... Avatar are saved on esforces server ... that means they use space on it ...
there're almost 9,000 users in this forum ... everyone has 10kB avatar ... that makes ?!?!?! right ... 90,000kB ... this is about 88MB ... if you would increase it to 30kB ... there're 176MB more needed than before ... this is big ... maybe nothing compared to your HDD space ... but we're talking about webspace ... I think 10kB are ok because you don't need gifs as avatar and jpg (in 100*100) are less tham 10kB

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Luckily for me, I don't give a damn what you think.

Anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong!

If the forum sets up the *non bugged* way to link an avatar to site, it requires no bandwith at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[off]
thx for helping me, Cuc ... but I think I can handle it myself ;) .. maybe I should resize my signature ... maybe 10 times bigger than it currently is ;)
/me is annoyed cause noone knows him

[on]
GMan said:
Luckily for me, I don't give a damn what you think.
hm ... ok ... then all does the same with you ... just ignore this suggestion ;)

GMan said:
Anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong!
oh ... yes ... you're the god ... then I think all admins are wrong ... and you're the only guy in this world who's right ... ([off] let's make a poll who's right ;) [/off])

GMan said:
If the forum sets up the *non bugged* way to link an avatar to site, it requires no bandwith at all.
GMan ... I've to tell you ... your second point was kinda ... WRONG
the avatars are saved on the forum.esforces.com servers HDD ... even if you set a link as source ... the server DLs it ... how do you think it's possible to set an avatar from your HDD ?!?!?!
you avatars link is:
http://forum.esforces.com/image.php?u=5131&dateline=1066782922
why do you think it's on your webspace, or anywhere else ???
the avatars are links ... but to the servers HDD ... so it requires bandwidth and space

[off]
and now look again what Cucumba said :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As if I should care he's a ESF team member.. I've never seen him before, and as far as I'm aware he doesn't own the forums. It was sarcasm anyway. *sigh* Okay I guess it was rude :\ I didn't really mean to offend him, sorry.

Anyway, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Does that require this server to save it? I don't know. I would doubt it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then what's the point of this?

Why would it do the same thing twice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom