Burning up ki

Best answers
You know when characters burn up their ki like mad, screaming and yelling, ground breaking apart...?
I'm not talking about transforming, or powering up (restoring ki)
Well, we have turbo, which is just flaring up an aura for a minimum cost of ki.

My idea is this: holding down the turbo button wil result in the character powering up like mad, yelling etc. (jost like in the anime), raising his power level, speed etc. for as long as you hold it.
When you release it, the character will have an aura proportional size to the amount of ki burned, and the more you held it, the faster your ki will burn (decrease) until you press turbo again, or run out of ki, which will restore your PL and speed to the normal.

Shortly, a chargeable turbo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a good suggestion ... but I would limit it by 1.35x multiply ... then make it 3,5 seconds chargeable ... I don't think the aura-size is changeable freely (but I'm not sure) ...
but also: there's a second way in DBZ of turbo ... it they wanna fly fast, the just turn it on ... without any movings ... this wouldn't match with your suggestion because if you just press the button once and release it immediatly your multiplier is maybe 1.05x and this doesn't help you a lot ;)

I really think it's a good suggestion (even if it has been suggested before) ... but I think the current turbo system is better for ESF ... powering up slower would be too slow ... and wouldn't help much ... it would almost only be a visual thing ... I can't imagine such a turbo would be good for the ESF gameplay
sorry but [size=+2]disagreed[/size]
I hope you understand it (and hope you agree with it)

Best answers
i didn't say i would make powering up slower.
I just wanted to simulate raging in anger

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you said you would make the turbo slower ... if you press the turbo button without holding, your turbo suxx ... and this is a slow turbo for me ... because you've to charge til the multiplier is usefull

Best answers
Couldn't be bothered doing that i don't think there is really any use well because im just happy with the turbo the way it is even though you hold it but still.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is a way to charge with turbo on.... not good

Best answers
Kuhm-some sort of good idea-but,its sorta messed up!Pain-give him urs no!
Ah,second way charging-press charge and turbo-just simpler method for having always turbo on when charging...
*off-topic*-u're from Croatia Punio4-right?From which city-Zagreb-Pula-Rijeka-Split-Sibenik-Osijek-Karlovac-Vukovar-Varazdin???
*off-language*Alo,odakle si ti,a,ja san u Sibeniku...*off-language*

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, I kinda see where you are coming from, EEA has a nice thing similar to this, but I'll leave you guys to find out :D.

I like the idea in general, good thinking ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Viki@killer said:
Pain-give him urs no!
i only give people my big NO if:
the suggestion is utter crap
been suggested many times before
would unbalance the game in every aspect
suggest things from movies or GT
IE:
"omg lets have ssj2,3 and 4 in the next version omg im soo cool 1337 style OMFGZORZ!!@#%@~"
or
"MORE CHARACTERS PUT BROLLY IN OMG IM A HACKER!!"

people that are suggesting to tweak something already in the game (such as i hve done countless times, and such as this guy) i dont think deserve to get my big NO. this guys suggestion isnt bad but it could use a bit of tweeking. thats why i didnt give him my big NO. :p

Best answers
I think this would be cool, as long as you still make it so that just pressing turbo still gives you the x1.3 multiplier. I'd prefer it is the rate turbo burns up ki increases proportionately instead of it taking a lump off, otherwise it's not much use in normal form. I accept that's just a matter of taste, though.

Best answers
I think Pain and Viki@killer that you didn't read it quite right.

He want's to make turbo variable rather than static. So that when you hold the turbo key, it increases.
As opposed to an on/off toggle like we have now.
Personally, I think it's a great idea. I don't think it would need a limit, since the higher you go the more ki it requires. If you go too high, your ki just burns up in a few seconds.

I like it a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing wrong with this is, i can charge up my ki and charge up my turbo at the same time, thus giving me an unfair advantage.

thats all i was pointing out.

Best answers
I reckon you wouldn't be able to do much of anything else though if you were holding both keys together.

Don't forget you can move when you're holding your charge key. So it would probably look cool, and have a big aura, but as soon as you stopped charging you'd just go bleh, if you catch my drift.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if this suggestion would be included, you wouldn't be able to go turbo while charging nor moving while charging
no limit ??? I think we shouldn't overdo it ...

if this would be implemented a short press on the turbo wouldn't give you a 1.25x (current turbo) multiplier, because then you would be able to run to 1.5x (or higher) ... 1.5x is the low transformation ... it would suck, if you can go as higher with turbo as with transformation

I wanna press a press shortly and have a good multiplier ... I don't want to wait for it ... ESF is a fast game
and in DBZ they turn on/ off it like in current ESF system

Best answers
you guys misundastood me. I would keep the current 1.25x while tapped once. I would just add a turbo you can charge if you HOLD it and then release it.
Pain, where did I say you could charge (power up, raise ki i dunno the official term, button Q) and use turbo?
One would cancel another, just like it is now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punio4 ... you misunderstood Pain ... he said while you're in powerup (yes, that means charging KI) you can go turbo ... then you're in turbo and powerup at once

how would you keep the current system (1.25 times with pressed once) and add your suggestion (charging multiplier) ???
bind 2 keys with it ??? ... esf already has enough keys

Best answers
sorry, didnt know that. I'm pretty much of a newbie.
What i had in mind is this:
turbo acts like a click in windows. it doesn't respond until you release the button. now, let's say that the game counts the time you held it down, so:you press the button and release it immediatly: you tapped it and the aura flares up, classical beta 1.1 turbo, right?
situation no.2: you press turbo, but you don't release it right away. While you hold it longer than the time specified for classical turbo (lets say 0.0025 sec), the raging system i explained kicks in. Get it? it's the same button, it just depends on how long you hold it, or just tap it.

Best answers
*off*Kh,keh,kh...me dies....kahh!!!*off*
Here's my idea of his tweaked:u press charging,charge,charge,blablabla,and when charging,u press turbo and that turbo charges with ki,and when u press all off,u got multiturbo that has his own bar(like ki,eh :] ),and when that bar finish,I mean,turn off-turbo is again normal-and,better idea,why don't making turbo that actually makes u go faster when flying(just like in DBZ,when they want strenght,goes in turbo,when they want speed to fly,goes fly turbo???Turbo1(normal like now,nothing changed),turbo2(going like a beast,yo,megaman,hehehe)...
Ups,gotta go..

Best answers
It is also supposed to take a significant amount of ki to transform in the show. Since you can get it back in about 0.2 seconds worth of charging, I wouldn't call it significant myself.

Anyways, you're forgetting that the higher someone goes with their turbo, the faster their ki disappears.

And remember also
1) you can't recharge without turning turbo off and having to power up again
2) once your ki reaches zero your turbo is turned off and you have to power up again

That means that if someone does power up to 1.5x (which is the lowest transform power level) they could hold it for say, 5 seconds. Not that useful really, except maybe in a powerstruggle. And even then, you'll find yourself with no ki very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom