New aura

Best answers
you know that in the series, the aura just surround them (hard to explain), you know, 2D. Like this:
_
/o\
|/I\|
| II|
Please, don't laugh your ass off, it's the best I could do at the moment:)))

It always bends around the character, depending on the angle and position.
Here it goes again:)))

___
/o/ /
|/I |
| II|

get the point?

So, i think that looks pretty cool, and that it works on the same principle as cel-shading.
So it is pretty possible to do.

Best answers
sorry, it didn't post as i drew in the editor, but you still get the point, don't you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should make an option to select 2d or 3d aruas in beta 1.3 if this would be added ofcourse. maybe pcjoe can even make it in particals. ^.^

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i think the ability to select 2D or 3D auras would be great, as I and others hae suggested before, for turbo of course.
and if im not mistaken, there was an aura being worked on, by the team that had 9 way bending? . dunno if that aura will be added in the next version or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah ... I prefer the aura which is coming with B1.2
2D aura wouldn't look good in HL engine ...it should be done in sprites then ... this would look ugly ... and you would ned thousands of sprites to bend it to the players movements ...
I think it's good the way it is (/will be)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punio4 said:
you could make it in particles
are you crazy ??? then we would need thousands of particles ... this would drop FPS a lot ... it would suck video-performance and cpu performace .. it would also MUCH to code ... because it would have to change every 1/10 second ... every animation would need his own sprites .............
sorry ... btu still too much to do

Best answers
Laziness!

Nah, jk, I'll just see whatever aura the team brings up. And if it's worse, I'll nail Nretep :)

Best answers
look in pcjoe's dev journal at the buttom, there you can see a video with aura bend.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*nods* Since I have access to the player bones, i COULD do a 2d aura that would cover the player in sprites... But it wouldnt look too pretty. With the new aura in my dev journal, lemme post some pictures I made awhile ago. It should explain how the aura "bends" since the video is kinda skippy.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea thats the one i was talking about. i really liked the bending in this version. (or how it looked from what ive seen)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, about your other post..
there was an aura being worked on, by the team that had 9 way bending?
9 way blending deals with the character aiming animations. 9 way blending uses 9 different aiming animations. How the hell do you use 9 different animations for a single aiming pose?

HL SDK said:
// nine-way blends are done left -> right, top -> bottom

/******

0 - 1 - 2

| \ | / |

3 - 4 - 5

| / | \ |

6 - 7 - 8

******/
So like animation 7 would be the character looking down, animation 3 would be the character looking in the upper right, etc...
For the aura i just manipulate the bones in the code, it uses no animations for the "bending"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom