Is there anyway to combine original HL with ESF?

Best answers
Just curious, but it doesn't seem like you can since they seem almost entirely different. I just think it would be neat to use one of the Z Fighters in the original HL maps against Freeman and all the other original characters. Of course whoever's using the DB characters wouldn't be able to pick up the weapons.....I have no idea how it would work. But I guess there's no harm in asking.

Thanks
-Don

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
welcome to the forums
well, just find (if any) and download dragonball z characters, then open up your hl folder, models and save the db charcater over freeman, it will just be like using freeman picking up weapons and things but in a db skin, try requesting a DB skin in our request thread, located in the models/skin forum :)

also say if you download a db character goku for example

but it is named goku, instead of freeman,in order for it to work, you will have to

change the goku file name to
freeman.mdl which tricks the hl system thinking it is a freeman skin :)
hope i helped

to help you out in a easier way

say the original file was called "Jayster.MDL" and the model/skin you downloaded and wanted to use was called "goku.MDL" you would rename the goku model to "Jayster.MDL" and it should ask you if u want to overright the old file, click yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom