S
I think teleporting should be binded like this:

W, W= Tele Forward
S, S = Tele Backward
A, A = Tele Left
D, D = Tele Right
Jump, Jump = Tele Up
Crouch, Crouch = Tele Down

I just think it would be easier this way. Anyone agree?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMZ style (i think), no thanks.

u teleport in the direction of your momentum, with just those keys to tell you where to go that would limit the directions, and take longer.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think it'd be easier the way it is, just hold the directional button and press teleport. :scared:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I'd like it if both methods were optional. It's just more intuitive to hit the key twice, even though we're already used to hitting the teleport key at this point.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have to agree with Magus, it would be easier to just hold the direction and tap the button once, tapping the button twice for teleport could be teh different from you flying to laying dead :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would disturb the fast gameplay of ESF ... you're flying - stop - fly - stop - teleport - fly
you could script it easily ... then you've got 6 teleportkeys
it would depend on the point you're looking at
it needs too long to press a direction key twice ... if an attack comes ... w,w ... no thanks ... if you wanna to the other end of the map .... w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w ... no thanks

I prefer the current system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anything, the double tapping should allow you to dodge. I'm pretty sure it's been suggested, however t'would be fresh.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Sonic Boyster. Any manner where both methods are used would be nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how often do you use the movement keys anyway?
most of the game is
*target*
*swoop*
*hit*

mostly with the mouse

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well teleport is one main target in melee fighting well to me, and yes you do use the movement keys when teleporting and running/walking, but everyone plays different i surpose :)

Scruffie

S
I suppose both would be much better. Double tap for dodging, the other for... well, I dunno, whatever.

I also hate having to come out of swoop to teleport, but that's for another day...

Best answers
Have both :D this one would be for dodging, the other for i dunno... teleport combos (if your good enough, im not :( ) and people who prefer it that way.

Best answers
If double tapping is easier or not is a opinion not a fact but personally i would say :no: no.

because you would be alot slower.

Like Nretep sayd imagine your self teleporting 6 times, you would have 2 press that direction 12 :p you would be twice as slow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just keep it for dodging.. double tap u can dodge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong ... don't make hole posts in a different font/ size/ color ... it's just for a few words ... thank ya

Best answers
I like it the way it is, you can bind teleport to any button you'd like. I'd prefer double tapping would leave an after image, and just teleport would make you vanish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom