short idea: 3d Ki

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well ive noticed that all the ki attacks in esf are sprites, would it be possible for them to be 3d objects instead? or would that be too much work or impossible?stuff like spiritbomb and deathball would benefit from changing it, imo.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just check if you find the Alpha versions ... as I know in A1.5 the beamheads have been models
it looked ugly ;) ... sprites are glowing and you can make them half-visible ...
if you see the sprites you can see that in the middle they're full visible ... and the closer the edges then more invisible they are
If I'm right that's not possible with models

if you're controlling a beam, the trail would look ugly (the corves) ... I think all looks fine with sprites ;)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agrees with the Germanist. I played both alpha's and the beamtrails where not exactly pretty, the sprites look better, allthough from some viewpoints you can see it's a sprite, especially with beams, it looks like this -|- , only then attached to eachother.

Btw Cruzharo, next time you say something is a bad idea, please say why.

Best answers
Furthermore, it could be a real drag on the FPS if the beams or projectiles were made out of polygons instead of 2d images...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuz I agree with Nretep I like the game the way it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom