steam and esf...oofz someone help

Best answers
really...ive tried it all...see i got this new comp and i havent installed cs in a few months now that i did i see 1.6 is out so i dl steam for it ah so steam doesnt seem to bad until i wanna play esf...boy do i miss it...i download beta 1.1 and i install it into every god damn folder possible but u kno what? it doesnt even install on to steam at all...i cant play it...i finally see the steam version of esf today in the forum and i download it and install it into the correct folder steam/steamApps/my_email_address/halflife but u kno what IT DOESNT WORK

im about to give the f*ck up this is really pissing me off can someone please help me so i dont go out of my mind

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i have it installed in both places, the sierra folder and the steam folder. Alot more people play on won, and the whole thing seems to run faster on won at the moment too. Well if you have installed it into your steam folder then it should work, just try clicking the desktop shortcut a few times, that usually works for me.

Best answers
thats the thing...i installed esf is every folder regarding halflife and steam the stupid sh!t doesnt even go in...and ive tried refreshing steam 1 million times its still not working omfg..

Best answers
"It doesn't work" is too broad. How exactly does it not work? does it crash on loading? or it doesn't show up? how do you try to run it? do you click the shortcut on the desktop or do you run it from the steam menu?

Best answers
it doesnt show up AT ALL it doesnt run on steam for me it doesnt even install correctly...and...isnt valve the creator of steam?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anything else work on steam, like halflife and counter-strike ? If steam doesn't work at all then that'l answer alot of questions (and you do have halflife installed, right?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You people jsut dont know how to install it, you NEED the ESF Steam Pack v2 to make it run with keyboard settings.

Best answers
people people people...im not a moron...everything works fine, cs, dod, tfc, redemption etc etc i jus cant get esf to install on steam and yes i did download the steam pack 2.2 as i mentioned...i tried installing that to the correct folder and yet again it DIDNT load and it DOESNT work..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
All I can say is what he other people have said, copy your ESF folder into your Steam\steamapps\email\Half-Life Folder. But you seem to have tried it already *shrug*.

Barney's Soul said:
maybe u r o_O
Spam and that kind of crap won't be tollerated, warning for you. :warning:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
install esf into steamapps/emailaddress/halflife/ Then copy fmod.dll from your old sierra/halflife folder into steamapps/emailaddress/halflife. That should most likely fix the problem.

Best answers
omfg... i did what u said about the f mod and it still didnt work...this is really making me go crazy i even tried installing steam pack 2.2 to my desktop and copying all the files to the steamApps/email/halflife folder

D O E S N O T W O R K

Best answers
This is how i installed mine (sorry for my english)

I deleted half-life and every mod with it.
then installed half-life and hl 1110.
then i instelld Steam witch included cs.
then i installed esf and esfspv2.
and restarted steam and there it was under thired party games.

my folders are these.

C\sierra\half-life\
C\steam\Steamapps\your_email\half-life\

try this i might work:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok Make sure you have an esf folder in your C\steam\Steamapps\your_email\half-life\
Because ESF has its own folder, C\steam\Steamapps\your_email\half-life\esf thats where esf is stored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom