MAJOR PROBLEM NEED HELP!!!!!!

Best answers
OMG I HATE THIS ****ING ASS PROBLEM, i have it sinds latly and it won't go away. Its when i'm charging a generic beam and hold it for a while ore if i do buu's regeneration the computer crashes. i have an geforce 2mx 400(it sux i know) and i have an amd athlon 1ghz prossecor, 256mb ram sdi, 60gb hard disk space. PLZZZZZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, THE TEAM ORE SOMTHING I'M ****ING DESPARATE i'll repeat it. when i'm charging a generic beam whit any character the computer crashes. And when i'm doing the regeneration of buu the computer crashes to :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me you my last hope of not hanging myself :cry: :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ALRIGHT WELL I THINK I CAN HELP YOU right well make sure YOU HAVE OPENGL MODE ON and if it WONT WORK, DOWNLOAD THE LATEST DRIVER FROM www.nvidia.com

(you dont need to keep your caps locked weighted down to keep our attention, and im sure we all have memory spans longer than 5 seconds)

Best answers
O_O *loosens rope around demon's neck*

Wow dude, chill out.

First off, lets ask a few questions:
1) Did you just install esf and its causing this problem from the first time u played it? --or--
2) Have you had esf for a while and it is just NOW happening? (which means, in previous times playing, it never crashed until recently).

If you answered yes to question #1, then my guess is you have a problem with your in-game video settings. Check your video settings from the ESF configuration menu. What type of video mode is currently selected. Sometimes with the older geforce cards, its not a good idea to run OpenGL. I remember when I had my geforce 2 GTS-PRO and tried running OpenGL, it would crash during beam attacks. So I switched to the other methods (not sure what they are-- I currently run OpenGL with my newer vid card). Try running your game in another type f video mode and make your resolution no less than 800x600 and no more than 1027x768 (or similar resolution, I don't remember the exact numbers but I know its close to that). If this doesn't fix it, I think there are 3 different video modes, so try the last one if you've done the other two with no success.

If you answered yes to question #2 from above, then my suggestion is to do a clean uninstall and reinstall. Backu-up any models you currently have replacing the originals. I don't know how ESF works with its registry entries, and whether those would have any remaining effects to your newly installed esf. I doubt they would carry data on your video modes or preference settings.

If these suggestions don't help, then try to be more specific with your esf game. List what video mode you use, your resolution, what sound options you have checked (HEX/HEA I think are the two hardware modes) and these could both affect your game if your sound clips aren't initializing correctly. So give the specs on your video and sound preferences.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you have the 41.03 nVidia driver for your GeForce 2 MX400. I had slow performance and bad crashes due to the 45.23 driver or you could try the new driver that got released in the last week or so. I downgraded to the 41.03 driver, and now ive become famous amoungst the ESF community :) (I haven't really......though i wish i would........*sigh*:rolleyes: )

Best answers
hay guys thanks for your advice btw. i run in opengl and esf never crashed before and i'll try downloading the new driver. and use Ultimate's 17 good advice. But for now i can't do anything because of my frigin dad, he made me limited user on win xp so i can't change anything in the gf2 mx 400 settings so i'll try it later... oh yeh btw. supershenlon your sigs rox ass and i wander which programs you use.. (i'll reply again if non solutions help) oh yeh i didn't install esf recently cause i had and played esf sinds the beginning of alpha 2.5 thnx...

Demon out

Best answers
NOOOOOO nothing works off all your things
i downloaded the latest driver and i turned op opengl but nothing worked... plzzzzzzzzz help me someone (maybe the esf team) i'm desperate.... :':)'(

Best answers
Welcome to the wonders of windows XP, the most friendly system in the neighbour hood :D anyways i think ur CP is messed up, since this is only happening lately...

YOur video card shouldn't be the bugger, but i think you could try installing satan's esf pack, if you didn't already, it seemed to get rid of most bugs at other players, ...

btw u have any costum sprites installed?

Best answers
i have custom sprites installed. but where can i download satan's esf pack?????? than i'll try it hehe and i got win xp how did you know..

Best answers
But for now i can't do anything because of my frigin dad, he made me limited user on win xp so i can't change anything
I think that's how he knew you had winxp.

Greetz

Best answers
LOl yeah i did so..
well first i would try to deinstall those costum sprites... they could be your problem!

if that doesn't work get satan's pack from... uhm well... it should be here somewhere... well i know it WAS in his sig... but i dunno where it is located now, i thought even fileplanet had/has it.. so i'd check there.

Best answers
thnx lost. but i have just to many custom sprites it will take hours lol..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just do simple things like restarting computer......
Or you could reinstall game check drivers.
Or reinstall windows

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uninstall esf and halflife. Then install fresh and download the updates again. Don't use ones on your harddrive becuase if you hard drive is going bad somewhat and a bad sector popped up in the wrong place then your just corrupting halflife with the bad setup files. reinstall, reinstall, reinstall!

Best answers
but it will take hours because off all the sprites, special updates, maps, charecters and sounds i'll have to do that all over again and i'm to far lazy for it.. hehe

Best answers
Uhm, what ur problem is is the costum stuff, it maked the game buggy, so i suggest not using them! then it works..

just de-install esf, delete the map, re-install and go play...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom